Look for help wiring Auber ASL-51

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SliverXZennon

Reaction score
I have an issue... I have an Auber ASL-51 timer. I have it wired just like below, however I have a buzzer/light combo instead of the 2 different ones.

timerwire_811.jpg

When the timer counts down it does nothing, no buzzing, no light turning on, nothing. Am I missing a step because I have the combination of the buzzer/light? In the diagram the neutral and hot both go to the light and buzzer. And that is how it looks for my setup, only it's one single unit instead of separate light and buzzer.

Any help is appreciated!!!

According to the diagram you have no connection to the neutral bus, so there is no return current path from the buzzer or light. That would explain the behavior you are observing.

Brew on :mug:

Think man! Why would you provide an incomplete/incorrect diagram and ask us to diagnose your problem based on it? Especially when the missing part of the diagram explains the problem you are observing. :goat: :smack:

on the ASL-51 (pin 9) - make sure your have 2352's (Pin 9) connected... same with pin 10 on 2352's -> AS51

AND
modify ... dammit, lots of errorz, let me redraw tomorrow

Think man! Why would you provide an incomplete/incorrect diagram and ask us to diagnose your problem based on it? Especially when the missing part of the diagram explains the problem you are observing. :goat: :smack:

That diagram is the only one I can find, so it's what I had to go off. The original Kal diagram has the neutral bus connected, so I just went with the new diagram for the ASL-51 knowing the neutral needed connected. I understand it looks insane when I was asking for help, but again, that diagram is all I had to go on.

Here's the thread I took it from. https://www.homebrewtalk.com/showthread.php?t=207860

Back