Long time, First time.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

soboness5

Reaction score
Hey everyone!

I've been lurking for years, and posting for a few weeks so it is probably time that I officially introduce myself.

My name is Justin - i'm from Eastern PA and started brewing while I was going to Muhlenberg College up in Allentown. For those keeping track, that's where Sam Calagione, founder of Dogfish Head, went to college...though a few years earlier than me. If nothing else, I feel it adds a few style points. Also originating from college was the name of my (and my buddy's) 'brewery' name - "Dry House Brewing". Ironically, I started brewing beer while I lived in a "dry" fraternity house. Cocky? Maybe...but somehow I never got caught and it is now a great story and name for my brewing operation. Much better than the name my friends all called it: 'Dirty Laundry Brewery' since I kept the fermenter right next to my laundry basket.

Ever since starting to brew I've come across HBT threads which have answered endless, and sometimes dumb, questions. For that, I thank you (yes, you!). I wouldn't be where I am with my brewing capabilities without the community - so i am VERY grateful.

Most recently, I went through the process of upgrading to a 9gal brew kettle, outdoor burner, and a homemade MLT. I brewed up my first all-grain brew last sunday and it is fermenting away...overshot my target gravity...so I guess the MLT worked better than I gave it credit for.

Anyway, i'll stop rambling - thanks again for all the great info! :tank:

Welcome aboard from a former PA brewer... moved south and turned in my "Yankee Card" LOL Originally from Reading PA. Had lot's of Great home brew experinces in PA clubs & shops... they are there... I miss that in SC but any info you need can be found here on HBT... just a few clicks away! I'm one of the many that check the new brewer forum on a regular basis.

I've done my share of extract with steeping grains and now do all grain (with some partials thrown in for good measure of which comes up better.

post any questions you may have in the beginer section and one of us will get back to you. I wish this forum was around in the early 90's when I started! and now I don't have a local shop it's A Godsend!

OH LANDSDALE! just saw that! best home brew shop I've been to is in right by you! they have a club too! Tastings... http://www.keystonehomebrew.com/ I used to be a member lived in willow grove and oreland

Back