Long pump run

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Surly_goat

Hop Head
Reaction score
Does anyone have long pump runs from their kettle to their fermentors? I'd like to make my fermentors stationary but it would need 30 feet of 2/5"(10mm) hose. Would love some feedback of unexpected out comes from this.

What do you ferment in and is there a specific reason for wanting fermenters stationary?

If it's a weight issue I had a 15 gal speidel fermenter that was way too heavy to be taking in and out of a chest freezer so I just put the chest freezer on floor dollys and wheeled it to the brew stand with the fermenter already in there. Much cheaper than 30 feet of silicone tubing

With this being cold side, you can use beer line instead of silicone and save some money that way.

Down 3 feet.
Lateral 25
up 2 feet

Conicals hooked up to my glycol chiller. They aren't difficult to move as there only 7gallon. It's more just annoying unhooking the glycol and cords and stuff.

I think I'm more likely to move my brewing to my balcony and just pump water from a bucket for the chiller and get the last few degrees with glycol chiller in the fermenter.

Back