Local Only Trade (LOT)

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
PXL_20200910_222644944.jpg

Received a nice haul from West Massachusetts! Lots of IPA's and lagers, and an Imperial Milk Stout, which I can't wait to try!

Now somebody get @khannon some beer!

Loophole brewing is the home to one if my favorite brewers.. John Geraci, He was the longtime head brewer of the best brewpub in walking distance(any condition) to my home.. An all around great guy who brews some consistently great beers. He even let me come and help him out a few times..Some good times for sure.

Hope you are enjoying the beers...

So non-fruited sours are good? Definitely plenty to choose from either way (even if every other beer is a hazy, I'm sure you've got plenty of that). For the smoked beer experience, I just drink on the back porch and take in the atmosphere.
non-fruited sours are great, there are even fruited beers that are good, I just like the main ingredient in beer to be beer.

I'm interested in doing a swap again but would like to do that with someone a little farther away. I think @rsquared is in Sacramento which is in my neck of the woods.

You haven't looked into the FOTD threads? They are in this subforum. Most of the members are scattered well enough away.

I have looked into those before. I'm going to attempt to get in on the next one. I think the sign ups haven't started yet?

Just discovered this thread. I am in SE PA. I know Victory has pretty wide distribution across the country. As probably does Troegs and Wyerbacher and others here. I guess the idea is to find local brewpubs with cans, or smaller breweries that donā€™t ship far. Any resource for doing that?

I know this is not the intent of this thread, but Iā€™ve been reading about Sexual Chocolate from Foothills Brewing which is a limited annual release every year and its not available anywhere near here. I would love to make a future trade to get to try that beer and Iā€™m willing to offer whatever it takes from here to get it. If thats asking alot, I understand. Anybody in NC?

Just discovered this thread. I am in SE PA. I know Victory has pretty wide distribution across the country. As probably does Troegs and Wyerbacher and others here. I guess the idea is to find local brewpubs with cans, or smaller breweries that donā€™t ship far. Any resource for doing that?
Even on the somewhat larger breweries, it helps to check their website. They'll usually have a beer locator or distributor list. For instance, I've seen the occasional Victory beer here in CA, but I've only heard of the other two breweries, not seen their product. When I look at the Troegs website I see their distribution is pretty much focused East of there. Nothing west of Ohio. That's exactly the type of brewery I think is perfect for this kind of trade (well known, but unable to get for 2/3 of the country).

As for finding local brewpubs that have good beer, that's just something you have to know your local scene for.

Even on the somewhat larger breweries, it helps to check their website. They'll usually have a beer locator or distributor list. For instance, I've seen the occasional Victory beer here in CA, but I've only heard of the other two breweries, not seen their product. When I look at the Troegs website I see their distribution is pretty much focused East of there. Nothing west of Ohio. That's exactly the type of brewery I think is perfect for this kind of trade (well known, but unable to get for 2/3 of the country).

As for finding local brewpubs that have good beer, that's just something you have to know your local scene for.
I live about 10 miles from Victoryā€™s giant new brewery, which is in Parkesburg, PA. They do have limited releases like the Java Cask which was $30 for a 4 pack. They are doing a bunch of wild and sour beers, maybe not all those get widely distributed.

Troegs is a totally solid brewery in Harrisburg, PA. I always say ā€œI never had a bad beer from Troegs.ā€ Everything they make.

I donā€™t buy alot of Wyerbacher. They have 2 releases I do look for every year - Blithering Idiot, which is their barleywine, and Insanity, which is their barley wine aged in bourbon barrels.

No outright dislikes, but I am more into most of the "classic" styles (e.g. British, Belgian, German) than their more modern (often hoppier) counterparts.

Alright. It looks like itā€™s been over a year since I granted. Iā€™ll take this as a challenge to find you great, local, classic styles. Fortunately for me Iā€™m off until Thursday. Iā€™ll get started tomorrow! PM me your address.

View attachment 707238
Thank you, @TBC! Can't wait for these to chill...just gonna be tough deciding what to crack open first.

Glad everything made it. Enjoy! My favorite is the Troegenator, LaGrave and Golden Monkey. The Mad Elf, Iā€™m personally not a fan of but lots of people cant wait for that to be released. It will also age well.

Iā€™m in PA. Likes are pale ales, IPA, DIPA, NEIPA, Sours and Big Stouts. Basically anything but smoked beers.

Glad everything made it. Enjoy! My favorite is the Troegenator, LaGrave and Golden Monkey. The Mad Elf, Iā€™m personally not a fan of but lots of people cant wait for that to be released. It will also age well.

I was happily surprised to see Troegs in there! Heard lots of great things about them, but never had the chance to have any of their beers. Seeing Manchester as your profile location, I'd assumed NH...

I was happily surprised to see Troegs in there! Heard lots of great things about them, but never had the chance to have any of their beers. Seeing Manchester as your profile location, I'd assumed NH...

Never realized the locatio. I fixed it. Glad your were surprised!

IMG_20201123_185917311.jpg
IMG_20201121_171034274.jpg

Three beers so far (Troegenator, Golden Monkey, and Jovial) and they have all been wonderful!

Who's next? Next beer ships to PA, now's a good opportunity @Ultryx.

After inquiring I was directed here by @TwistedGray, not sure how this works but reading some of the thread I think i get the idea. In any case, I am in central PA looking for stuff from the west coast, no sour or fruit stuff. I just put most of my stash in the fridge for turkey day, but am always getting stuff.

After inquiring I was directed here by @TwistedGray, not sure how this works but reading some of the thread I think i get the idea. In any case, I am in central PA looking for stuff from the west coast, no sour or fruit stuff. I just put most of my stash in the fridge for turkey day, but am always getting stuff.
This thread is sort of a pay it forward thing. The last person to send becomes the next to receive, so in order to join in, you need to send to someone else first...

Unfortunately at the moment, the next in line to receive is also from PA, so at least for this particular thread you'll want to wait until someone steps up to send to TBC, and then you can jump in and send to that person.

Back