Local brewery internship

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PartTimeJedi

Reaction score
So I am moving to Nashville in April to start MTSU's MBA program. I learned today that, Yazoo, the local microbrewery is looking for an intern that is enrolled in business school. Seems like a match made in heaven to me. Wanted to get some advice on what to include in my cover letter when I send my resume. I've volunteered at the local microbrewery here in Knoxville, Marble City Brewing, so I think I'm going to include that but what else do you guys think would be good to include?

Maybe it's different where you are applying at, but it seems that brewer (and assistant) positions at microbreweries and brewpubs are be-able-to-do-anything-and-everything positions. In this tough economy, companies are cutting staff and asking those that remain to do more and varied jobs.
While you should primarily emphasize your experience and skills from Marble City, I'd say you might also highlight your flexibility, work ethic, and willingness to take on responsibilities in whatever ways the brewery needs you to.

ReverseApacheMaster said:
The internship may be for the business side/office rather than brewhouse. If it is, you need to emphasize why you should work in their office.

Yes, you are correct. It is for the marketing dept. I actually was able to get in touch with one of the brewers there. He is a brother in law of a friend of mine and he managed to give me a couple tips. Not sure how much help he will be with actually getting an interview but it doesn't hurt to get a bug in his ear I suppose.

Latest posts

Back