Local Beer Trading

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nickfern

Reaction score
We all love beer. We each have a list of beers we're ISO, and a separate list of beers we've marked FT. Some of the more popular ISO beers get released with in a few months, and that will spark some heavy discussion on the message boards.

I'm looking to see if anyone is interested in trading for some beers that aren't the whales we're all trying to get. Things that are more local, known to your specific area, but not to others. My thought was to put a list of breweries together from your specific area and their offerings. I think it would be best to keep it to bottles and cans that are considered regulars and seasonals. (If you'd like to throw in a special release because it's a personal favorite, then go for it.)

I'm located in NJ and have access to quite a few of NJ breweries:
  • River Horse
  • Flying Fish
  • Carton Brewing Company
  • Bolero Snort
  • Cricket Hill
  • Ramstein
  • Boaks
  • Climax
  • East Coast Brewing
  • New Jersey Brewing Company

I've found that www.seekabrew.com has been helpful in finding out what states have access to what.

Who knows, a beer you never knew existed, could turn out to be your next favorite. :mug:

If you haven't already keep an eye out for theman's local swap o Rama thread. Pretty much what you're thinking but you don't know where you're new goodies are coming from. I've scored some really good stuff I could have never gotten locally through it.

I like this idea nickfern. We have several local breweries in the area that have been featured in Men's Health, Beer Connoisseur, Draft Magazine and are rated 96 or higher on Beer Advocate and Ratebeer but do not distribute outside the state. Holy City won a Gold at GABF in 2012 for their Pluff Mud Porter. RJ Rockers and Thomas Creek in the upstate are the only two that are quite large in size and market to multiple states but or local beer scene is excellent as well. I'll PM you for more details.

Justin

Great idea. There are some gems close to where I am and would love to help support the local scene.

Id like to get in on this. I hail from a area known for there abundance of breweries. Ive been wanting to try some Flying Fish beers.

We all love beer. We each have a list of beers we're ISO, and a separate list of beers we've marked FT. Some of the more popular ISO beers get released with in a few months, and that will spark some heavy discussion on the message boards.

I'm looking to see if anyone is interested in trading for some beers that aren't the whales we're all trying to get. Things that are more local, known to your specific area, but not to others. My thought was to put a list of breweries together from your specific area and their offerings. I think it would be best to keep it to bottles and cans that are considered regulars and seasonals. (If you'd like to throw in a special release because it's a personal favorite, then go for it.)

I'm located in NJ and have access to quite a few of NJ breweries:

• River Horse
  • Flying Fish
  • Carton Brewing Company
  • Bolero Snort
  • Cricket Hill
  • Ramstein
  • Boaks
  • Climax
  • East Coast Brewing
  • New Jersey Brewing Company

I've found that www.seekabrew.com has been helpful in finding out what states have access to what.

Who knows, a beer you never knew existed, could turn out to be your next favorite. :mug:

For right now I'm thinking about making this thread a platform for trades to be completed.

Trade boxes should consist of at least three different breweries, at least three different styles, and between 6-12 bottles/cans.

If interested, post some breweries that you can access easily. I put my NJ list from above and I would like to give choice to those trading on styles, or specific beers available breweries offer.

Well right now the 3 biggest growth areas on west coast is
1: Colorado
2 Bend Or.
3 San Diego
At least thats what ive read.
We are getting start up breweries about 1 every couple of months here. Im guessing about half will fail in the first year and the ones that make it will have to step up there game to hang with the established breweries.
Growler fill stations is also absurd here. We have almost 40 of them. They are in gas stations, mini marts,car washes hell i even saw one at a laundry mat the other day.

Latest posts

Back