Lobster Brew Pot

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

desiderata

Reaction score
Just wondering if anyone else uses a lobster pot to brew in like me. That is the largest pot my SWMBO and I have (I'm not about to fork over the money for a brew pot, since this works). Of course, it took a lot of cleaning to get the seafood smell out of it in order to brew, but my beer tastes fine--even though it is still green (oops!).
Could make for a clever name for my brew as well. Any suggestions are welcome!
The folks-in-law just visited from Maine, we cooked 15 lobsters in it, so now i have some more cleaning to do. :D
anyway, I plan to continue using it, just wondering if anyone else uses one?

Is there a difference between a lobster brewpot and a regular stockpot that's boiled lobster? I think as long as the seafood smell is gone completely before you brew I really don't see a problem with using it.

I think your good. Can you send your in-laws my way with 15 lobsters? I'd be happy to boil them up in my brewpot and then clean it...very happy!

i call it a lobster brew pot because that's what the SWMBO purchased it for a few years ago, and that's all we've used it for--until now. It's not stainless steel like i see all the other brew pots created specifically for brewing. The bottom has ridges, so it makes stirring the bottom a little harder, so i have to be careful about scorching. But it works.
And, exo you're right, cleaning it is a small price to pay for a delicious meal...:mug: (I drank one of my beers with the lobster dinner).
I just noticed that I should have placed this thread under the "equipment" forum.
cheers!

Back