List of Outrages

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pappers_

Moderator Emeritus
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Although it's only 7am, I already have a good start on my list of outrages for the day. Feel free to add your own.

1. SWMBO unilaterally decided we would share her closet - we used to have two closets, one for each of us - hers was in our bedroom (because I love her) and mine was in another room. I came home to find that we share both closets now, both closets now have both of our things in them.

2. Boy number 2 left his dishes in the tv room last night, assuming
his man-servant would pick them up for him.

3. I brought an issue to the board of directors I'm responsible to, explained the situation gave them two options, they decided on a third option. I asked for an explanation of their decision, they act confused, say they took my suggestions. No, they didn't. Now, I'm heading to a meeting to extract an explanation from them - good times.

Well, the list could go on, but that's enough for now.

4. Left my coffee in the French press for 15 minutes instead of 4. Tastes like charcoal. Drinking anyway. I blame this forum for the distraction.

5. Woke up to an exploded growler in my kegerator. I did not even get a sip of the tasty treat.

6. Drivers that figure crossing the center line and nearly causing a head-on colision is much better than driving through a puddle.:mad:

7. Took Malaysian hospital 3 days to make a diagnosis that was identical to one made in US hospitals. the US hospital made the diagnosis overnite.

8. US pharmacy mis-filled an insulin order thus providing a dosage 5 times stronger than needed.

Although it's only 7am, I already have a good start on my list of outrages for the day. Feel free to add your own.

1. SWMBO unilaterally decided we would share her closet - we used to have two closets, one for each of us - hers was in our bedroom (because I love her) and mine was in another room. I came home to find that we share both closets now, both closets now have both of our things in them.

You're married, brother! You know that rule...what's yours is hers, and what's hers is hers!

2. Boy number 2 left his dishes in the tv room last night, assuming
his man-servant would pick them up for him.

I hope you left them for him to pick up after he gets home from school!

3. I brought an issue to the board of directors I'm responsible to, explained the situation gave them two options, they decided on a third option. I asked for an explanation of their decision, they act confused, say they took my suggestions. No, they didn't. Now, I'm heading to a meeting to extract an explanation from them - good times.

And if they had adopted one of your proposals, surely one of them would have laid claim to it for themselves.

2. Boy number 2 left his dishes in the tv room last night, assuming his man-servant would pick them up for him.

Oh I'd pick them up all right. Pick them up and place them neatly where his Gameboy (or other prized possession) WAS. Said prized possession would be locked away for a day or two.

Replace gameboy with whatever your kid can't live without, his cell phone, his computer, car keys whatever.

10). Favorite jacket, T shirt, being worn by teenage sons. Just because I gave you some of my old clothes doesn't mean you can help yourself to everything.

11.) Same boys leaving piles of laundry on their bathroom floor. Laundry basket right across the hall. Solution: Big wad of laundry dumped on the middle of their bedroom floor, will they get the hint....?

Yep, I'm sure I'll think of more.

11.) Same boys leaving piles of laundry on their bathroom floor. Laundry basket right across the hall. Solution: Big wad of laundry dumped on the middle of their bedroom floor, will they get the hint....?

Nope, they won't. Odds are they won't even notice.

12) Had to take a half day of work today to do school work because I was never given the library login information and no one could help me over the weekend. Some one remind me why I am going back to school.

12) Had to take a half day of work today to do school work because I was never given the library login information and no one could help me over the weekend. Some one remind me why I am going back to school.

To not be the idiot that forgets to get log-in information. :p

Sorry couldn't help. Too easy.

13.) Just gutted an old PC that our IT guys said I could have for parts (making a stir plate) and now I get an e-mail telling me they need it for someone else :confused:

16) 7:15pm on the east coast and I just woke up and now have to work 11pm-7am tomorrow morning in one of Boston's busy emergency rooms with the rudest people you have ever EVER met.

18. Idiots who think you're supposed to get out of their way so they can merge when there's plenty of room in front of and behind you. Pick a hole and stick your car in it, jackass!

Beautiful day here in Omaha. I bought Canna bulbs just because I could. Didn't have to wear my coat today to stay alive outdoors.
Sorry guys, I got nothing to ***** about but did enjoy yours. :p

19. Spent longer driving home from an exam than actually taking the exam, on the one day I don't have to go to campus...

6. Drivers that figure crossing the center line and nearly causing a head-on colision is much better than driving through a puddle.:mad:

Drivers that drive slow in the left lane and refuse to move to the right lane. Heck, even if they're going the speed limit, if there's someone behind you wanting to go faster, MOVE THE HELL OVER!!

Drivers that don't use their turn signals. Or almost worse, they use them, but at the last minute. Tell me, what's the point of letting me know you're making a left turn when you're in the middle of it! For !@#$% sake, you should be putting on your signal before you use your brake to slow down. Idiots.

Drivers that drive slow in the left lane and refuse to move to the right lane. Heck, even if they're going the speed limit, if there's someone behind you wanting to go faster, MOVE THE HELL OVER!!

Drivers that don't use their turn signals. Or almost worse, they use them, but at the last minute. Tell me, what's the point of letting me know you're making a left turn when you're in the middle of it! For !@#$% sake, you should be putting on your signal before you use your brake to slow down. Idiots.

Add to that...

People who think they need to go faster than the flow of traffic and everyone else should get out of their way. ;)

#20 People that think that. 5-10 or whatever mph over the speed limit isn't fast enough then go around me. Riding my ass and flashing your lights is only going to make me go slower.

#21 People who drive too slow in the fast lane!:D

#22 Sales people telling engineers how much time a test should take:confused:WTF business school major!

#20 People that think that. 5-10 or whatever mph over the speed limit isn't fast enough then go around me. Riding my ass and flashing your lights is only going to make me go slower.

Amen to THAT brother. Flashing lights that aren't a cop, ambulance, or fire truck. Only make me go 5-10 below. bless if I am going to get outta my lane now.

#23 People who speed up because you signaled to cross over to their lane.

24 Maints who pull the motor that's running. It's ON! Don't hook a damn hoist to it and pull it out! You didn't know which one? Try the other one. The one that's not running.

25 Techs who want to turn off the ventilation because it's too loud in a station underground. Sure. Go ahead. I hear death is real quiet.

26 Integrators who say correcting their mistakes is a change of orders. No. The original order was to do it right.

27 18 wheelers who drive side by side on a two lane road.

28 Pick up drivers who don't secure their load. Just because I can dodge a bed flying out of your bed does not mean I want too.

29 Learn to see motorcycles. You'd think a dude cruising down the highway like he's sitting in a chair, a shiny loud chair, would kinda stand out. Not so much.

30 "Friends" who send me homo-erotic and toilet fetish pics on my phone. Once is funny. Every know and again is "just you being crazy you". A hunret times a day and I'm wondering if I should go into the woods alone with you.

10). Favorite jacket, T shirt, being worn by teenage sons. Just because I gave you some of my old clothes doesn't mean you can help yourself to everything.

Yep, I'm sure I'll think of more.

This one time when I forgot to take out the garbage... ok, this one particular time when I didn't take out the garbage... I came home to find it in my bed. My garbage is on the curb now and it's like 19 years later. It works.

Add to that...

People who think they need to go faster than the flow of traffic and everyone else should get out of their way. ;)

In my defense. There's -5- lanes of traffic (one way) on the main drag I take home, seriously you CAN get the hell out of my way if I feel like going 90 in a 70 and you feel like doing 75 in a 70 in the FAR left hand lane! Also everyone else is trying to do 80 anyway.

31) Came home yesterday and my F@&*ING dog ate a hole in the wall. Through the sheetrock and half the insulation. Then puked it up on the carpet. He now owes his life to my daughter and SWMBO. I have zero tolerance for wall-eating.:mad:

32) People.

Amen to THAT brother. Flashing lights that aren't a cop, ambulance, or fire truck. Only make me go 5-10 below. bless if I am going to get outta my lane now.

If I have a 16 foot car I only need a 17 foot opening to merge IF YOU PISS ME OFF, I lived in the Bay Area for a while, that's NORMAL there (as I learned VERY quickly).

I also drive a GTO good luck "speeding up" to stop me merging I'll just get pissed and merge in front of the guy YOU are behind I was just being nice and taking the LARGEST opening I saw, not the one nearest the exit/off ramp/etc I was looking for.

However, this same attitude IS NOT GOOD when I'm in my dually pulling my 24 foot enclosed car trailer with my SCCA track car in it :(

Yeah sometimes I suffer from road rage. I'm working on it.

#35 Receiving conflicting instructions about proper methodology for citations in the biggest assignment of the year, which leads to...

#36 Working on the biggest assignment of the year past midnight, which wouldn't be too bad, but I'd much rather be watching a movie and drinking one of my beers.

**Yuri responds more quickly than I do. Numbers adjusted.**

In my defense. There's -5- lanes of traffic (one way) on the main drag I take home, seriously you CAN get the hell out of my way if I feel like going 90 in a 70 and you feel like doing 75 in a 70 in the FAR left hand lane! Also everyone else is trying to do 80 anyway.

It just drives me up the wall when the guy behind me can see there's a million cars ahead of me, as far as the eye can see, and they're going the same speed as I am but he still insists on riding me ass and flashing his lights. If I move over, he'll just be going the same speed in front of me instead of behind me.

It just drives me up the wall when the guy behind me can see there's a million cars ahead of me, as far as the eye can see, and they're going the same speed as I am but he still insists on riding me ass and flashing his lights. If I move over, he'll just be going the same speed in front of me instead of behind me.

I normally leave at 3pm, there's not a lot of traffic then I -try- and stick to the fast lane and act like a nice guy. Inevitably some doofus will also stick in the left lane doing EXACTLY 70, on a 5 lane (one way) freeway with moderate traffic.

This is when my native German takes over, you simply DO NOT pass to the right. I try and wait while said blue haired granny realizes "people keep zooming past me to the right" and gets over but I inevitibly lose patience, and do the same thing (pass her to the right, usually shifting into 4th gear to make my displeasure audible).

If traffic is heavy, I just sit back, hit an inside lane, find something mellow to listen to and watch all the idiots trying to go 80 when 70 ain't happening. Meaning if I leave at 4 instead of 3PM. I don't "mind" going 65 in a 70 if it's necessary, I just schedule my work day so I don't HAVE to (7-3 instead of 9-5).

Not sure where you all live, but in my hood its a state law. Git yer Sunday drivin ass in the right lane and keep it there or drive the frontage road.

On the flip side, screw the dude who can't wait a minute until you can move over.

And when you're getting on the freeway, you better get your rusted bucket of crap up to freeway speed (or at least as close as traffic is getting to it) before you hit the end of the offramp! If your car can't do it, then it shouldn't be on the freeway!

However, this same attitude IS NOT GOOD when I'm in my dually pulling my 24 foot enclosed car trailer with my SCCA track car in it :(

Yeah sometimes I suffer from road rage. I'm working on it.

Seems the answer to this problem is more power..

Back