liquid splitter for multiple carboys

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ampersandrec

Reaction score
I can't seem to find a splitter made for liquid. I want to fill 4 carboys simultaneously out of my counterflow chiller. All searches have turned up other saying "don't bother - it doesn't make a difference to the wort", but my interest is in convenience.

I'd be happy to use one of the 4 way co2 splitters if I knew it was food safe. Anyone have any ideas?

Why not make one from copper? It would be kind of like a recirculation return arm, or perhaps a dual use for one. A friend uses a copper arm he built and pumps wort through it to fill 2 carboys. It looks like an upside down T.

Good question. I am working 2 jobs and would prefer to buy something instead of making it, at least right now. Hard enough to find time to brew right now!

Anyone know of somewhere to buy such a thing?
Why not make one from copper? It would be kind of like a recirculation return arm, or perhaps a dual use for one. A friend uses a copper arm he built and pumps wort through it to fill 2 carboys. It looks like an upside down T.

Here is mine. You can easily adapt this to fill four carboys by buying two more Ts and two more barbs. The Ts will go where my barbs are and the barbs will go at the outlet of the Ts. Be sure to use smaller tubing on the outlet side of your manifold. If you use the same size like I have in the photo, you will get uneven flow. One carboy will fill faster than the other. I have since put 3/16" ID silicone tubing on the outlets and each carboy fills at the same rate. After you have the parts, you should be able to put something like this together in 10-15 minutes.

20121020_180345s.jpg

Thanks everyone. Seems its simpler to make that I thought.

Here is mine. You can easily adapt this to fill four carboys by buying two more Ts and two more barbs. The Ts will go where my barbs are and the barbs will go at the outlet of the Ts. Be sure to use smaller tubing on the outlet side of your manifold. If you use the same size like I have in the photo, you will get uneven flow. One carboy will fill faster than the other. I have since put 3/16" ID silicone tubing on the outlets and each carboy fills at the same rate. After you have the parts, you should be able to put something like this together in 10-15 minutes.

20121020_180345s.jpg

With the even flow thing, I would suggest you make sure you set it up like kevin suggests, and possibly have the wort flow into the first tee vertically to try and get the flow path out of each leg as close to the same as possible.

Latest posts

Back