Lion Brewing Solutions (on eBay)

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ryanj

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
https://www.ebay.com/usr/lionbrewingsolutions

I've made a few purchases through this shop and saved big when eBay runs 15-20% off promotions.

On July 2nd, I bought a Tilt Hydrometer from them. I paid immediately and waited patiently. On July 10th, they marked my item as shipped, yet when I go to track the package 2 days later, it still says USPS awaiting package.

Of course the seller doesn't respond to any communication at all, but it's been 10 days and I'm still waiting. Does anyone else have any experience with them? I don't know if I can bring myself to purchase any more products through them with this kind of (lack of) customer service.

I actually just received some cans from them. First time buying though and didn't have a problem.

USPS tracking updates are crap. Your package is probably halfway to your house by now, and USPS won't update until it delivers. I've seen this before...several times. UPS and FedEx are much better with tracking updates, and that's what most of us are accustomed to seeing. Wait a couple days. I bet your package shows up.

I picked up an Anvil burner from him during one of the sales, and it was shipped quickly and promptly to me (before the eBay estimated delivery date!). No communications from Lion Brewing, even after I asked a question about the leg extensions for the burner. So my sense is you'll get what you order quickly and without issue, but don't ask any questions you need a prompt reply on! I'll still gladly order from them again!

Wow -- just got a response from them. Apparently they sold out (even though the product page said they had it in stock).

Apparently they should be getting more tomorrow (2 weeks after I made the purchase).

I guess you get what you pay for...

I am in much the same boat as you. I ordered a MKII pump from them on the 10th and on the 13th they generated a tracking number but USPS still shows it as they are waiting on the package. It was estimated to be delivered today on the 18th but I have a feeling I will not be seeing it anytime soon. It seems to be a common tactic on Ebay now days to sell what you don't have, then order it and then while they wait on the package to be sent to them they generate a shipping label. Because most people will look at the generation of the label as the item was shipped and if the tracking does not update they chock it up to the USPS or FEDEX sucking not the seller buying time.

Another odd thing about them the ebay listing lists FEDEX as the shipper used but it got shipped via USPS

I am in much the same boat as you. I ordered a MKII pump from them on the 10th and on the 13th they generated a tracking number but USPS still shows it as they are waiting on the package. It was estimated to be delivered today on the 18th but I have a feeling I will not be seeing it anytime soon. It seems to be a common tactic on Ebay now days to sell what you don't have, then order it and then while they wait on the package to be sent to them they generate a shipping label. Because most people will look at the generation of the label as the item was shipped and if the tracking does not update they chock it up to the USPS or FEDEX sucking not the seller buying time.

Another odd thing about them the ebay listing lists FEDEX as the shipper used but it got shipped via USPS
Yeah -- it sounds like a stocking issue. That's a serious bummer.

I'm still waiting for my item to actually ship. What sucks even more is that I'm leaving for vacation next Friday and will be gone for 1.5 weeks. I'm sure I'll get it eventually...I just hope it ships this week so I can have it before I leave.

I ordered a Tilt from them on 06/28. Took them about a week to actually ship it and then it was at my door on 07/10.
So, a bit slower than I'm used to but not bad.
I requested the yellow Tilt (if in stock) but ended up with the green. So, I guess they were running low on a number of colors.

Hope you get yours soon!
Cheers

I just sent them a message through eBay. Holt MI is about 20 minuets from me and I’ve done a ton of work in that small town and never heard of them. Asked them about local pickup of a fermentasaurs.

We’ll see.

Yeah, they don't have a storefront, and their items are dropped shipped mostly. Thus the long shipping times.

I bought a tilt too and it took a week or so. I bought a unitank and I cancelled after 5 months of nothing.

I think that what happens is when an order is approved, they generate a shipping label; doesn't mean it's being shipped, or even that it's in stock, it's little more than an acknowledgement they received your order.

Only when USPS actually receives your shipment will it generally show as shipped. USPS isn't the greatest when it comes to updates; sometimes good, sometimes not. I buy a lot from Brewhardware; sometimes it gets here speedily, sometimes I get notice they've picked it up and nothing until the day of delivery.

Yeah so this all would not be too bad if the seller would actually respond to requests for updates through ebay's messaging system. But he does not and so the person is left not knowing and expecting the worst. Best case scenario is he is falsely stating he has the item in stock and is actually ordering the item from the manufacturer at the time of the ebay order. What I suspect he is doing is setting on the orders until he gets enough orders for items from a certain manufacturer to qualify for their minimum order or the amount needed for free shipping from them.

So if he does not get enough orders for that manufacturer by the time the person gets feed up and files a complaint with ebay/paypal he just cancels their order. I have been looking through his ebay feedback and most of the negative feed back is along the lines of received nothing, they contacted the seller and he just cancelled the order with no response.

So I am still waiting but not holding my breath

No response to my question yet. I’ll give him till Tuesday before letting him know his name is mud.

New update,

So no response from my initial message to the seller 2 days ago, so I went through ebay dispute. Had a response from him with in 10 minutes stating "Hi, really sorry for the delay. We do usually have these in stock, but ran out. Getting 40 more in the next few days. I'm working hard to make this homebrew shop a success, and rely on positive feedback. How can I make this right by you? Would you like a refund now? Or do you want me to expedite it to you as soon as they come in? Let me know, sorry again for running out. The sale we are running on these right now must be really good b/c we sold way more than though. Ari"

I have requested a refund, because this confirms what I was thinking. He waits till he gets enough orders for a manufacture to meet their minimum order requirements then orders and reships. So even though all his stuff is setup to lead you to believe the item is "in stock" he has nothing in stock and is floating the orders.

I would not recommend anyone buy anything from him

New update,

....this confirms what I was thinking. He waits till he gets enough orders for a manufacture to meet their minimum order requirements then orders and reships. So even though all his stuff is setup to lead you to believe the item is "in stock" he has nothing in stock and is floating the orders...

Thanks for the update. I believe you are correct. I was looking at buying the same pump from him as a backup to the other two I own. For me, it is just not worth the "hassle" to track and followup just to save a few dollars. I wonder if @ryanj ever received his Tilt or ever received notice that it was actually shipped.

Thanks for the update. I believe you are correct. I was looking at buying the same pump from him as a backup to the other two I own. For me, it is just not worth the "hassle" to track and followup just to save a few dollars. I wonder if @ryanj ever received his Tilt or ever received notice that it was actually shipped.

Yeah now let's see how long it takes him to "process the return"

Well, I finally got my Tilt yesterday.

...and it leaks. Seriously. Now, to be fair, I don't think this has anything to do with Lion Brewing. It appears there was some kind of a manufacturer issue with the threads. I opted to contact Tilt directly and they are going to send me another unit (so I don't have to deal with Lion).

I'm just glad I don't have plans to brew over the next few weeks. :)

Got a response from Lion yesterday...

2AD5A47C-628D-4241-A708-B62CB7F794F9.png
10AFEB2D-AAFE-46DC-B940-5EA3E62AB224.png

Attachments

• D4A577DA-CE16-4DD2-A60E-D1FA88A8058F.png
    D4A577DA-CE16-4DD2-A60E-D1FA88A8058F.png
    785.1 KB · Views: 139
Not to beat a dead horse, but just ordered a Tilt from these folks on eBay just now. eBay claims I can expect GUARANTEED delivery by Friday, 1/25 from today. So let's cross our fingers... If this pans out, I'll give these guys wicked good feedback and update here as well.

I've only gotten 1 thing from him, which was the springs for my intertap faucets. That was an omk transaction for me.

I bought the 14 gallon Chapman fermenter. Chapman changed the shape. It's shorter and wider. It will not fit in a 5 or 7 cubic foot chest freezer for temp control.
Be ware. the ad has the wrong size listed. I tried to return the fermenter trough Ebay and it tried to charge me $45 for the return. I cancelled the return and tried to restart the return. It deleted the item from my purchase history and I can't start a return. Ebay says they can't fix it and to talk to the seller. The seller say Ebay has to fix the problem. The seller is Lion Brewing Solutions. Their Facebook page is not real. There's no phone number to be found to call them directly. Now I'm stuck with a $150 fermenter I don't need and can't use.

I made the mistake and purchased 2 items from them. Both items appeared to be seconds as they contained rough welds and blemishes. eBay description didn't state seconds or returns. Instead of the hassle of returning I've just learned to live with them. Buyer beware...

Bought 2 Kegland Blowtie spunding valve assemblies from Lion a few months ago. Both came improperly assembled and leaked. I was able to sort them out by reassembling, adding new EVA-barrier tubing, etc., but something definitely seems amiss with the seller.

Last edited:
No response to my question yet. I’ll give him till Tuesday before letting him know his name is mud.
I have made one purchase from this company and wanted to make another for some tri clamps. It says seller wont ship to Canada. I can order other items and no problem. I have sent seller multiple messages and he has yet to respond. They have lost a great customer in me. The man has too many irons in the fire.

I've ordered from them. Had a long delay getting a Tilt at the same time as many others here but everything else was sent in a reasonable timeframe and was as expected.

@wjgarner I've had issues like that in the past. Maybe I've had bad luck but the last couple years eBay has gotten to be a terrible place to do business between far too many sellers with bad business practices, misrepresented or outright fraudulent items, and eBay polices that strike (in my experience) probably half the negative feedback left for bad sellers. Probably far too late now but while they don't make it easy you can file a dispute with Paypal and if that doesn't work and you payed by credit card you can dispute it.

I wish i had seen this post before, i ordered a MKII pump on friday last week, the item looks like ship but on the fedex shipment fact doesnt look right, its a really small box with about 0.1 LB, i hope my pump comes as i ordered

Latest posts

Back