Light

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It depends what the secondary fermentor is? I would be concerned more with temp, if its beer then you want it warm for a few days then chilled for a few weeks.

It depends what the secondary fermentor is? I would be concerned more with temp, if its beer then you want it warm for a few days then chilled for a few weeks.

Light and beer can be bad.

Light can be a problem with beer. Considering this is the wine forum, I'll assume we aren't talking about beer.

Wine can become light struck. It is more of an issue with white wine than it is for red. I'm not sure about fruit wines, but I would guess that the darker fruit wines are not as susceptible as lighter wines.

Considering this is a wine forum not a beer forum, ill address it

It's still bad. It will cause discoloration of white wines and break down the color of a red. It shouldn't make the taste distort much but I wouldn't leave it too long . I've heard of local people to me deliberately exposing their whites to light to give them a desired color but I always thought they were crazy

The question was directed towards wine, but I also make some beer. Ginkings, what do u mean by wine becoming light struck?

Back