Light beer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

aropfor1

Reaction score
Looking for help. I am very new to home brewing. Just finished a batch using 5 lbs amber DME with centennial and willamette hop leaves. Turned out really well. Looking for a lighter beer for the friends though. I would like something that favors a bud/miller light. Prefer to use DME for simplicity. Any suggestions?

Check out Biermuncher's Cream of three crops. It has never failed to get a "you MADE this" from my bmc peeps. His Centennial Blonde is also great, and gets the same response. Centennial blonde has more hop character than regular light beer, but I bet they still love it.

What about something like this:

https://www.homebrewtalk.com/f39/co...ended-up-being-very-awesome-take-look-230070/

I haven't brewed anything exactly like that, but it seems a solid recipe.

Can you make a lager? Ferment at 50 degrees for two weeks, then rack and lager at 34 degrees for 6 weeks or so? If you can, that would make it easier to make a beer like your goal. If not, you could use a yeast like nottingham, and try to keep it at 60 degrees, or no higher than 63 degrees, and it could be sort of lager-like.

Latest posts

Back