Liberty Malt Supply Co. Recpies

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CharlaineC

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
So I have been lurking for a while and haven't found any threads mentioning this old brew supply house. I was given an old set of of theirs that had never been used let alone taken out of the box. Looking through their catalog I liked the sound of many of their recipes. Internet searches provided nothing in the way of help, thus I am turning to y'all. Does anyone have any of their recipes still? If so would there be a way to acquire copies of them? Thank you all

I found a news story from 1992 that mentions Liberty Malt Supply:

http://community.seattletimes.nwsource.com/archive/?date=19921118&slug=1525348

Recipes have come a long way now that homebrewers can get many more kinds of hops. yeast and specialty grains. Back in the old days, hops were simply labeled "bittering hops, and finishing hops" and the only malt you could get was extract out of a can.
Apparently, Liberty Malt Supply did have more specialty grains than usual.
While the old recipes may be interesting, I would suggest you can make better beer by using more modern recipes from here on HBT, Zymurgy magazine, or books such as "Brewing Classic Styles".

Thank you I agree with you and do use many new recipes but I'm one of those who likes to try to take old kit recipes and make them much better. When i'm not searching for recipes like this I use brewing classic styles, clone beer bible, brewmasters bible, the complete book of home-brewing and the companion as well as a number of others.

Latest posts

Back