LHBS in St. Louis Area?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PHBalanced

Reaction score
Hey guys, SWMBO and I will be traveling from SE MN to St. Louis next week (to see Jimmy Buffett! :rockin:) and returning home early on May 1st. (national homebrew day) I would love to brew something that day and don't have my own grain mill and no longer trust the crush from my LHBS.

So.... any good recommendations on LHBS in the St. Louis area?

Nothing too incredible as far as brick and mortar stores go in the area. St. Louis Wine and Beermaking is the biggest, but prices are average to high. Nice people and I wouldn't discourage you from stopping by.

Anecdotally, the best thing STL has going for it is Missouri Malt Supply, which doesn't have a storefront, but does a bulk pallet order every month. Unbelievable prices and good guys to hang out with.

Enjoy the city while you're here. Lots of great microbreweries to visit if you get the chance.

Lots of great microbreweries to visit if you get the chance.

Oh, do tell me more - we'll have about 1 day to spend down there so what's the best. SWMBO wants to do the AB tour and the arch so we'll be in those areas for sure.

Although SWMBO might be bit annoyed if we hit some nice microbreweries - with her being 7 wks pregnant and all.....oh well, I'll just have to practice my beer describing skills. :ban:

Back