Lets start a tattoo thread!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
$(KGrHqZ,!ogE-0zBOZHJBP7ol8F(6g~~60_1.JPG

:rockin:

:eek:
from one vw nut to another... THATS SEXY!!

IMO just about the dumbest things you can do to your body.

1) scarification
2) piercings
3) tattoos

Really, I change out the pictures on the walls of my house when I get tired of them. Really hard to do with tattoos.

I don't like to brew Meads, but you don't see me getting all up in the mead threads bashing those that do. You do know you have the option to pick and choose what threads you view and reply to? Man I hate trolls

Darwin18 said:
Why the hell do you care? It's frankly none of your business so do yourself a favor and butt out. You're as bad as my Baptist neighbors who make it a point to stick their noses in the air and comment on the sins caused by alcohol when I'm brewing outside.

Frankly, we're all going to look like hell when when/if we get to 80. I don't even want to think about how low things are hang and sag. My ink is the least of my worries.

I'm contemplating a hope vine going up the outside of my right leg from the ankle to my upper calf. My wife told me last year, "No more tattoos until you get five 1st place ribbons in BJCP competitions". Silly woman. Two more to go...thanks HBT!

Sorry about you baptist neighbors that aren't graceful. I'm a minister and I brew and I have 3 tats.

I'm not one to belittle others for their beliefs. If you like it, you like it. If you don't you don't. More importantly lets keep this thread focused on awesome ink. If you hate tattoos, why did you click on a thread titled "let's start a tattoo thread!"

Here's mine. It is a tattoo of Atelopus varius, the Central American Harlequin Toad. It was thought to be extinct but a relic population exists in the remote rainforests of Costa Rica. As a junior in college I was part of an expedition that went to their only known location in 2006. I found the first individual out of our group. I nearly died, experienced multitudes of insects, and got my ass kicked physically. It was one of the best experiences of my life!

image-2056894269.jpg

Well I figured Id post up my most recent tattoo. I still need a little more color, and hes going to do a background behind everything and some bruising to make it look like the pipes are coming out of my chest. So far this is 10 hours of work and maybe another 3-4 to go. I am an engine builder for a living so I think it fits me.

311548_389466001103221_279256679_n.jpg

Some nice ink in this thread! I don't have any pics but have quite a few myself, a few I've had for close to 20 years and still look as good as the day I got them. I have a tough time keeping my mouth shut when others start judging but that's just what I will do here.

I'll post pics of my two tats...when I figure out how to take them! One is a "tramp stamp" that I got to match my wife's. The other is on my upper right arm...kinda hard to get a good pic of that. The arm tat is a design of the five most important people in my life: my wife and my four daughters. The artist who did the design crafted it so that you need to look closely to see the names. Many have commented that they like it. I certainly do.

glenn514:mug:

I have quite a few on my right leg. Will eventually be a sleeve. I have one on my left and my chest piece of which I already posted. So I'll post up 2 more pictures of what I got, then its back to work for me.

cutlass.jpg

012 (2).jpg

This is the pin up on my right arm and my cards. I also have a checkerboard (ska!) on my right ankle. I haven't gotten inked in years... makes me want another!

1585_511863664167_1637_n.jpg

I'm going back in next month. For me, tattoos need to have meaning. The one I'm getting next month is long overdue.

When I was a child I was very close with my dad's dad. My dad was a jerk, but that's a story for a different day. His brother is a jerk too, so I don't know if my grandparents realized the err of their ways or what, but I had a great relationship with both of my dad's parents.

Anyway, my grandpa always carried around this pocket watch. It had a leather strap on it and the counterweight was a 50 cent piece that was attached to the other end of the leather strap. When I was a kid I was enamored with this damn watch. I blame it on me being a kid and kids being stupid, but I thought it was the coolest thing on the planet. I would always ask my granddad (that's what we called him) if I could see his watch. We'd go on long walks by his house and we'd go down to some railroad tracks that crossed a river. Almost every single time I'd want to see the watch.

He got very sick about 7 years ago and ended up in hospice. I saw the guy once when he was in hospice and vowed never to see him in that state again since I had always remembered him as a strong man. Seeing him in a weakened state due to cancer just didn't sit well with me and emotionally I couldn't deal with it. I refused to see him in that state. He ended up passing on and shortly after he died my Granny (what we called his wife) told me that he'd have wanted me to have his pocket watch. As I'm typing this it's bringing back several memories and I miss the guy. He was pretty awesome. Anyway, this pocket watch obviously has some sentimental value to me.

Every once in a while I would pull the watch out and wind it, spin the cogs and listen to the thing tick(still do). Well, last year I noticed the serial number and decided to look it up. This watch was made between 1952 and 1955 (all watches from that time period had the same number/letter combination for the first 4 digits or so). The damn thing still works to this day. How's that for craftsmanship compared to all the Chinese crap we're inundated with today? I also saw that the watches were selling for $350 even though I could never bring myself to sell it. This got me thinking though... This watch is just sitting in a box most of the time.

Well, I got the idea to fill in a space on my left upper arm that currently has nothing on it (one of the two spots on that arm). So in December I will be getting my granddad's pocket watch tattooed on my upper left arm. It has three hairline cracks in the face of the watch and those will be included in the tattoo along with the leather strap and 50 cent piece. I'm stoked for this piece and it will be tattooed by the same guy that did the poison bottle on my arm that is posted earlier in the thread.

Someone recently asked me what the time on the watch is going to be and it got me thinking. I found out my granddad's time of death and that will end up being the time on the watch.

Whether you like them or not, tattoos are awesome and powerful at the same time.

image-2537440610.jpg

Hate it up haters. I love this tattoo. Got it when I was 19, almost 15 years ago. One of these years, I'll finally get my High life girl riding the bottle/rocket ship sleeve.

dfc said:
I'm going back in next month. For me, tattoos need to have meaning. The one I'm getting next month is long overdue.

When I was a child I was very close with my dad's dad. My dad was a jerk, but that's a story for a different day. His brother is a jerk too, so I don't know if my grandparents realized the err of their ways or what, but I had a great relationship with both of my dad's parents.

Anyway, my grandpa always carried around this pocket watch. It had a leather strap on it and the counterweight was a 50 cent piece that was attached to the other end of the leather strap. When I was a kid I was enamored with this damn watch. I blame it on me being a kid and kids being stupid, but I thought it was the coolest thing on the planet. I would always ask my granddad (that's what we called him) if I could see his watch. We'd go on long walks by his house and we'd go down to some railroad tracks that crossed a river. Almost every single time I'd want to see the watch.

He got very sick about 7 years ago and ended up in hospice. I saw the guy once when he was in hospice and vowed never to see him in that state again since I had always remembered him as a strong man. Seeing him in a weakened state due to cancer just didn't sit well with me and emotionally I couldn't deal with it. I refused to see him in that state. He ended up passing on and shortly after he died my Granny (what we called his wife) told me that he'd have wanted me to have his pocket watch. As I'm typing this it's bringing back several memories and I miss the guy. He was pretty awesome. Anyway, this pocket watch obviously has some sentimental value to me.

Every once in a while I would pull the watch out and wind it, spin the cogs and listen to the thing tick(still do). Well, last year I noticed the serial number and decided to look it up. This watch was made between 1952 and 1955 (all watches from that time period had the same number/letter combination for the first 4 digits or so). The damn thing still works to this day. How's that for craftsmanship compared to all the Chinese crap we're inundated with today? I also saw that the watches were selling for $350 even though I could never bring myself to sell it. This got me thinking though... This watch is just sitting in a box most of the time.

Well, I got the idea to fill in a space on my left upper arm that currently has nothing on it (one of the two spots on that arm). So in December I will be getting my granddad's pocket watch tattooed on my upper left arm. It has three hairline cracks in the face of the watch and those will be included in the tattoo along with the leather strap and 50 cent piece. I'm stoked for this piece and it will be tattooed by the same guy that did the poison bottle on my arm that is posted earlier in the thread.

Someone recently asked me what the time on the watch is going to be and it got me thinking. I found out my granddad's time of death and that will end up being the time on the watch.

Whether you like them or not, tattoos are awesome and powerful at the same time.

Great story. My father and grand father both were railroad men and both carried pocket watches. I don't think that my grandfather ever owned a wrist watch.

Why not set it for 1 minute before so he will always be alive for you?

Great story. My father and grand father both were railroad men and both carried pocket watches. I don't think that my grandfather ever owned a wrist watch.

Why not set it for 1 minute before so he will always be alive for you?

I like that idea as well, but this tattoo is going to be celebrating him moving on to a better place. The actual time of death seems to be more fitting for that reason.

BTW, a little bit of history I dug up when researching the watch was that this particular model was owned by A LOT of rail men.

Can't post pics now, but I have a few. ;)

My big ones are a tree and deer skull on my left forearm, an eagle that covers my shoulder, chest and right arm and a wizard 'brewing' a spell on my left leg. I plan to finish my right leg soon as the ones there need some touching up.

Can't post pics now, but I have a few. ;)

My big ones are a tree and deer skull on my left forearm, an eagle that covers my shoulder, chest and right arm and a wizard 'brewing' a spell on my left leg. I plan to finish my right leg soon as the ones there need some touching up.

I'd love to see pics.

i'll play, this is a cover up i had done. two lotus flowers for my girls, rose for my wife and I, and a koi sadly my crappy iphone pics don't do it justice.

tat.jpg

tat2.jpg

Back