Lets get a poll..Ale vs lager..what do you like better?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This isn't a serious poll, right? If so please help me mark my answer:

I like pale ales/IPA's/pilsners/stouts/scharzbier/american wheats/Belgians -better than- barleywines/scotch ales/bocks/American light lagers/German hefes.

I like both.

However, I do drink a lot more ales than lagers because in my area there are more good commercial ales available and I haven't yet brewed lagers.

Ale. I'm not crazy about the flavor Lager yeasts tend to impart. I like the cleaner beer typically produced by Ale. On top of that brewing lagers is a lot more work and a slower process.

That said, the one Lager I brewed, while I wasn't fond of it initially, has aged remarkably well and I'm considering another attempt at it now that I have a fermentation chamber which will make it much easier and I can be sure of hitting that fermentation temp exactly.

I like both, being German & Slovak primarily. But ales have such a vast range of flavors, colors, etc that I tend to like them more.

I enjoy more ales overall, but you can't go wrong with well made Munich Dunkels, BoPils, Doppelbocks, and Oktoberfests.

I used to be an "Ale only" kind of guy. Didn't like Lagers at all. Then I visitied Germany. I finally found some Lagers that I like. I still prefer Ales, though.

That's a damn hard question. Recently I drink a lot more ales than lagers, but a good lager is a damn good thing. If I had to say what is the beer I want most to relax after a hard day at work, it would be a lager. If you asked what my favorite style of beer was, it would probably fall under the category of ale.

Damn difficult question.

Especially since there is no poll.

Ale to me is like 100000 different styles of beer, while "lager" is 1 style of beer with a lot of different variations. A very good style though. In particular, I love Japanese, German, and Czech lagers.

That's a damn hard question. Recently I drink a lot more ales than lagers, but a good lager is a damn good thing. If I had to say what is the beer I want most to relax after a hard day at work, it would be a lager. If you asked what my favorite style of beer was, it would probably fall under the category of ale.

Damn difficult question.

Especially since there is no poll.

Ale to me is like 100000 different styles of beer, while "lager" is 1 style of beer with a lot of different variations. A very good style though. In particular, I love Japanese, German, and Czech lagers.
I think beer in general can be seen as 1 style with millions of variations.
Dude, you crack me up.... I think u n I might have alot in common
you ever make up this way, we'll sit on the porch and have some not Light American Lagers nor American Hefeweizens and yell at the mail carrier to stay off the lawn. it'll be good times!:rockin:

Haha, poll thread fail. ABV, create a new thread and at the bottom *before you post it* you'll see a check box to create a poll. After creating the new thread report your first thread and in the text box ask a mod to delete this one.

Cool idea for a poll, I prefer ale's by and large.

Rev.

Haha, poll thread fail. ABV, create a new thread and at the bottom *before you post it* you'll see a check box to create a poll. After creating the new thread report your first thread and in the text box ask a mod to delete this one.

Cool idea for a poll, I prefer ale's by and large.

Rev.

Yeah it was ShAt thread..it was a major blow to my ego and self worth..:(..i m so cold:( im so cold JK... thanks alot i could not figure it out how to make a poll

Back