Length of fermentation

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

DikSlayton

Reaction score
how long should I let Fat Tire ferment before I bottle it, it's not actually fat tire its like the homebrew kit version of it

The best way is to test with a hydrometer. When your final gravity is stable for about 3 days then it's done fermenting. If you don't have a hydrommeter you'll want to get one. Otherwise let it sit for about 3 weeks and you should be ok.

thanks man I used to brew beer so I got a hydrometer and I have been a long time since I've done it so I just forgot I appreciate the quick response and drink a lot and be merry ...

Yep you CAN bottle after fermentation is complete (as evidenced by hydrometer). But it you cold crash in primary after 1.5-2 weeks (bring down to mid 30's for a few days) or let it go 3 weeks in primary, you will transfer over a lot less yeast into the bottles. I think you will be happier with those results.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back