Legality of kegging

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, they are effective as anti-personnel weapons in an enclosed space. Their primary military use is for clearing bunkers, trenches, etc. US troops in the Pacific theater found they were especially effective at clearing caves, since the fire would rapidly consume the available oxygen, killing the occupants even if they were too deep to be directly in danger from the flame itself.

Pretty awful stuff, I gotta say. But in any case, they are useful special-purpose weapons, though you are right that in, say, an open field, a guy with a pistol is in much better shape.

Ever see "Saving Private Ryan", the D-Day scenes? That was the too often fate of flamethrower teams. Running around in combat with a tank of pressurized gasoline on your back is not a recipe for a long life.

They took it to extremes when we took back Corregidor. The engineers pumped fuel oil and gasoline into the vents of the fort, and the whole thing blew like a volcano.

Massachusetts would qualify that as an "infernal machine" unfortunately - though not surprisingly for a state with an Attorney General that makes a list of handguns that are legal to purchase new in the name of "consumer protection."

I've owned a couple of cars that would qualify as "infernal machines". I suppose it's a good thing that I didn't live in Massachusetts at the time.

Latest posts

Back