Leftover beer from sanke keg

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

spook

Reaction score
So, I was a volunteer at a fundraiser tonight and at the end of the night they had ~3 gallons of beer (Yuengling lager) left in a sanke keg (tapped frat party style with a pony pump). I graciously volunteered to return the keg for them and paid for the deposit to take the keg home. When I got home I sanitized and purged a spare corney and swapped the picnic tap on the pony pump for a ball lock connector and proceeded to pump the beer over into my corney.

My question to the brain trust is this: After being tapped and pumped with air for a few hours, and then transferred with air from the pony pump including the bubbles that blew through the transfer to tell me it was all done, how long will my free beer last? I purged the head space of my corney thoroughly after the transfer but I'm sure some oxygenation happened during the event and my transfer. How will this affect the shelf life of my beer as it now sits in my keezer on gas re-carbing?

Drink it should be fine for about a week or so did this with beer form company party by 6-7 day I noticed the taste was dropping off blended with some stout .....my.02

Back