Leaky Keg System

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cajun_McChicken

Reaction score
I've been trying to diagnose a slow leak in my keg system.

I have a dual gauge regulator with a 4-way manifold from KegConnection.com that worked flawlessly until about 3 months ago. It usually takes about 4 months for me to go through one 7lb tank, but the last tank kicked in just two weeks.

I decided to try to test each component of the system individually so I hooked up the regulator and manifold, turned each of the four manifold out-to-keg valves, hit the regulator with 22psi from the tank, then turned off the valve on the CO2 tank. I left it overnight and found this morning that the pressure was at zero on the regulator.

Additionally, when I opened the tank valve to hit it with some more pressure it went up to 35psi.

The regulator and tank live in my keggerator so they were nice and cold the whole time.

Time for a new regulator? Thanks!

I would check the seals and threads before I bought a new one. Soapy water works wonders.

Also could be that you accidentally dropped the little regulator gasket when you change out last time or maybe it is just so smashed it isn't working.

found it. a tiny crack on the back of the regulator body. didn't see the soap bubbles the first time around since it was up against the back of the fridge.

Good job solving the mystery - and sorry 'bout that.
I've read of cracked bodies a couple of times, it's pretty much the one thing you hope isn't the case.

Any chance it's still under a replacement warranty?

Cheers! (and good luck!)

Back