leaking MLT

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

allied35

Reaction score
just finished my mlt its a 48 quart cooler with a copper manifold. it is leaking a little around the fittings... i was looking at some different websites about this problem and a saw a few had used silicon on the inside to seal it. is that a good idea?? doesn't seen food safe to me. if it's not good then i'll have to do the pvc thing inside the walls for more strength. thanks

Not knowing how it's mounted I'll throw out the idea of using plumbers putty. Mine was weeping so I put some putty in between the washers. It's for potable water and can always be removed if need be.

Or make a poor man's gasket out of a silicone baking dish... I found one at some outlet store for a few bucks... Hell I just made a gasket for a sanke / tri-clamp fitting...

its got a 1/2 inch ball valve then a ss washer, and rubber washer on the outside... guess i'm going to have to use that idea in the link. thanks guys!

Back