L'Bells!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
And another! I'm brewing up my Delicious Awesome in a couple days and figured a label was in order. It's been a while since I've done anything in black and white, so I figured I'd go that route - and it's a ton cheaper to print, too!

My favorite part of making rock posters back in the day was the stark contrast between the blacks and whites - I love the strain it puts on your eyes. It's almost like a distorted guitar for your vision. I decided to exploit that feeling to an extreme with this label.

As I said, it isn't being brewed until Thursday, so unless everything goes perfectly as planned, I'll have to change the ABV% upon completion.

Delicious Awesome, Ugly Little ***** Weirdo Stout... you win at naming beers.
Love this label, Dayton and Black Pearl's as well.

Delicious Awesome, Ugly Little ***** Weirdo Stout... you win at naming beers.
Love this label, Dayton and Black Pearl's as well.

Hah, thanks. Here's the label for the yet-to-be-brewed Ugly Little *****:

https://cdn.homebrewtalk.com/gallery/data/5/medium/*****.jpg

I'm still a little on the fence about two things - the darkness of her 'lip crust,' and the drop shadow on the hand-drawn text. I feel the depth of color on the crust might be a bit much, but on the other hand - she's got to be an ugly little *****.

Best served at 55 degrees while reading a Twilight novel.
I laughed.
I think it's fine. What don't you like about the drop shadow? You just don't like it in general or it's opacity?

What don't you like about the drop shadow? You just don't like it in general or it's opacity?

I guess I'm just questioning its necessity. When it isn't there, it puts the title on the same plane as the drawing. When it is there, its sitting above it. Both work out well enough I suppose.

Without drop shadow:
bitch2.jpg

With drop shadow:
https://cdn.homebrewtalk.com/gallery/data/5/medium/*****.jpg

Both work, but I'm still not sure what I like more.

Personally I like it with the drop shadow as it stands out a bit more. Either way, the text stands out. But, I know what you mean. I'm stuck on something similar myself for this blonde I plan on brewing for family/friends in a couple weeks. I'll probably just flip a coin.

Alright, I'm really showing my nerdiness with this one. It's for a cider I'll be making for my vacation to the Outer Banks this Summer.

Nice hop label. For version one, make some of the black "splats" a series of lighter colors. That should give it depth and complexity. I do really like the small restrained font. Do another version where you thing you have gone too far, and then go a little further with it. It might get super funky in a good way.

31298_386614138491_551258491_4073949_235119_n.jpg

I figured I'd just scan the receipt instead of typing out the ingredients for this one. The dude in the middle is my buddy who co-brewed/learned how to brew on this batch.

In keeping with the black and white theme, here's the label for my SMaSH that's going into bottles in a couple weeks. The central image is me in Sailor Moon cosplay at a gaming convention last year.

Mo_PJ-SMASH_.jpg

Here's a variation on the MO/PJ SMASH. Since I'm making a marketing plan for a brewpub in school, I figured a bottle example would be useful for my presentation. My pub would be "Wright Brothers Brewing Company" out of Dayton, OH.

MOPJSMASH2.jpg

I hope I don't get points deducted for being in drag - hah!

Two labels I'm putting into competition at Dayton's Oktoberfest (judging beer and labels.) One is a re-hash of Delicious Awesome, while the other is for my mild that turned into a brown porter.

awesome1.jpg

Porter7.jpg

My buddy - who's last name is Short - gave me a bunch of hops from his garden from this year's harvest. He's a Guided By Voices nerd, just like me, so I took an image from one of their album covers and threw in some beer imagery.

The album cover:
gbv-vamp.jpg

The label:

Comments and critiques are awesome :)

You definitely have a talent for typography.

I wouldn't change a thing. Great label design! :mug:

For a brown ale using Munich, Vienna, Mild Malt, Brown Malt and Maris Otter. Putting this one and Short Garden IPA on bottles tonight.

Untitled-5.jpg

all of your labels are fargin awesome.

are you still using photoshop for them?

that's talent, guy... good job

:mug:

Thanks - yeah, Photoshop is still my go-to. I'm just too familiar with it and hate learning new programs, so I'll probably never ditch it.

cool. I'm going to have to try it out. I used to be decent at PS in high school... will try it again.

Keep it up!

wow very impressive to say the least. I read the first page, and was going to say man that one was great, but they are all so creative and different, i love it

Back