Lazy kegging and yeasty beer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zachj9292

Reaction score
I had a pretty ****ty kegging experience today. When I was siphoning from the primary into my corny the siphon quit and i was too inebriated to be dedicated enough to getting it going again because my siphon hose i had was cut by someone and way to short. So i just put a grain bag folded about ten times over my keg and filled it up to about 3/4 full. Not much splashing but whatever. ,,I am dry hopping it with a hop bag of centennial and a sanitized weight tied with fishing line sticking out the top. The remaining beer in my primary was mixed up in the yeast cake so i just decided to let it settle and keep it in there for a day or two. I know i should use a secondary but my only one is involved with my kolsch right now.:fro:

Im thinking that i could use the beer in the bucket for bottling and just throw those carb tabs in em. Question is- How do you think that beer will turn out? Whats the best way to siphon that little of an amount?

And the kegged beer that is dry hopping is not on co2, just cold. Can I dry hop it in the keg for a week the carb it? Or carb it with the dry hops in em? Eh?:mug:

For 1/4 bucket (guesstimating around 1 1/4 gallons) that's been sitting for a while, I would be skeptical about bottling the remainder, just considering that it's a small amount of beer that's been sitting exposed to oxygen for a while.

That said, I endorse being adventurous in all aspects of life, and say give it a go. I never had many mind-blowing results with carb tabs, but with that amount of beer, it's worth salvaging to see what you can get out of it.

Alritey man thanks. I already gave it a go. Let u know about the results if my stoner ass can remember in a few weeks.

The beer in the keg is badass though. Next time you guys make a pale ale, hop burst and dry hop w centennial. The dry hopping will be done in a few days and itll be perfect

Back