Lazy Brewzilla chilling

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kadozen

Reaction score
So, since my first run on the BZ I've been using a pre-chiller in an iced cooler and attaching the whirlpool arm to stir like the lazy man I am. Now, as I'm boiling a batch, I'm wondering if maybe using the recirc arm may be more efficient.

To be fair, that wasn't the intention when I added on the whirlpool arm, but a heart of the moment decision to do less.

Any thoughts?

It's not as if I'm experiencing terrible times with my Florida tap Temps with the pre-chiller/wp set up, just curious what HBT thinks

I don't know, having only used my Brewzilla a few times and chilling with a Hydra. But if you try it, please report your results.
Having never used a Hydra, I can assure you, you're probably blowing my times out of the water.

It's the WP attachment for sure. It's not a huge discrepancy, so if I make something hoppy as heck, I'll probably use the recirc arm into the hop spider while chilling/ in a hopstand situation

Having never used a Hydra, I can assure you, you're probably blowing my times out of the water.

It's the WP attachment for sure. It's not a huge discrepancy, so if I make something hoppy as heck, I'll probably use the recirc arm into the hop spider while chilling/ in a hopstand situation
you could put a three way on and then recirc and cool with whirlpool at the same time.

That's an option I hadn't really thought of.
I fitted a three way on the metal up pipe then connect from that to a whirlpool fitting that I put in instead of the tap on my guten ( similar to brewzilla 3 and doesn't use a bottom diffusion plate. This means that I can " whirlpool" during the mash which mixes the dead space between the malt pipe and kettle wall, also it moves the wort over the temp sensor that is near here. At the same time I recirculate onto the top of the mash.
Helps a lot to ensure even temperature across the mash.

Back