Laying a full keg on its side for storage in fridge

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dudest

Reaction score
Is it ok to store it in the fridge laying down, I have the Italian made 2.5 gal. I only do extract brewing.

Make sure it's pressurized. The lid will not seal well if it isn't. Otherwise, as long as all of your seals are good, I don't see why not...

It's certainly not ideal, but you can. You can't serve it that way though. The dip tube would be drawing nothing but CO2 halfway through.

You also are going to get a lot of gunk in the air lines, so make sure you clean those well.

I haven't used them yet but I bought lube with the order.I will be able to keep the one I'm serving upright and plan to just store the other full.

IMO. If you're carbonating while storing or it's already fully carbonated, no problem. If you just pressure it up for a seal and then disconnect, the CO2 will dissolve into the beer and the pressure may decrease to the point that it might lose its seal and leak.

Back