Last step of the Build...Gas

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SanMarzano

Reaction score
This manifold look ok? I never did gas work before, Used pipe dope and wasn't sure how tight to go...Went as hard as I could and it leak tested fine. Will connect to 3 banjo burners. Do you think the ball valves are enough or do I need needle valves? Also whee can I get hoses with 3/8 flare on both sides??

photo.jpg

photo11.jpg

Give OneHoppyGuy a shout. He fabricates custom length gas hoses and can hook you up! (yeah, bad pun ;) )

As for the valves, I'd definitely replace the ball valves with needle valves...
Cheers!

I got my hoses at an RV store. They had several different length with the 3/8 flare on both ends.

Needle valves for sure, just to be able to adjust the burners. I have my LP lines built at a local hydrolic shop, they also had adjustable regulatore (if you want to bring your burners to life:) I would recomend. I'm sure if you check around you will find someplace localy that builds them. Are you talking about from the valves to the burners? You can use soft copper and flaring tool also another option.

Manifold looks good. Instead of buying hoses with 3/8'' flare, you can get 3/8" copper tubing, flare nuts (2 per) and a flare tool and make your own. It's a little more difficult to work with copper tubing but the result will be the same and probably alot cheaper.
(I just saw duckdog sugested copper too,)

How about burner hight??? Do i need to go lower? Its about 2" below the center of the keg and flares out to about 2.5". SOrry about the rotated pic

photo1112.jpg

Back