Last meal?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MedicMang

Reaction score
So you are facing the death penalty for brewing too much beer in a year... They are pushin the juice in you at 08:00. What do you eat as your last meal?

Mine is actually kind of a mix bag of sorts. A properly made French baguette and warm butter. A couple baguettes probably. Some sardines in mustard sauce. Green olives. Unlimited crab. And for dessert, Swiss cake rolls (hohos) that were in the freezer. F ya.

Sent from Cheese Doodle Land.

Lobster, crab, shrimp, things like that. I'm allergic to shellfish, so if I'm gonna die anyway, I might as well enjoy.

Crab Legs, Ribs, bacon wrapped filet, mashed potatoes, asparagus, all the blueberry mini muffins I can eat, and a gallon of whole milk to wash it all down.

Right on with the blueberry mini muffins.

A sampler of every sushi dish ever made; at least some of which is served on 2 gorgeous naked women. A sampler of every beer style & brand currently brewed in Germany. A really great cigar & NY cherry cheesecake for dessert. Oh, and I get to keep the women for the night. ;)
Regards, GF.

Crab legs with butter, beer battered fried cod with some good tartar sauce, fried chicken, fried okra, fried shrimp, squash casserole, broccoli casserole, traditional mac & cheese. Then a pile of buttermilk biscuits with honey, maple and sorghum syrup for dessert

Criadillas - what the h€ll - I have never eaten testicles and I am dying in few hours anyway. 2 from Skip Bayless and 2 from Rush Limbaugh. A hefe before the meal, an IPA with the meal and an RIS for dessert.

40lbs of spicy boiled crawfish. And a couple six packs.... three six packs.

Fish, whole.

When no one is looking, take a scale from the fish skin, put it on the floor. Step on the scale. Get a weigh. I'm free!

That was painful, but somehow I couldn't help but chuckle.

None of my coworkers can figure out what's so funny about this spreadsheet I'm working on....

Rabbit Fricassee (cut-up rabbit seared in butter, then simmered with onion, celery, carrots, mushrooms, garlic and rosemary; stock reduced by half, thickened with roux and filled with Half & Half to make white gravy)
Lumpy Mashed Potatoes with Garlic & Mushrooms
Grilled Corn on the Cob with Cayenne-Lime Butter
Chili-Glazed Carrots
Buttermilk Biscuits with Honey & Butter
Sweet Potato Pie
Ice-Cold Raw Milk, with Cream still in it

Of course they'd have to let me cook it all myself, and drink a few of my Belgian homebrews along the way. No sense having a dream last meal that isn't properly prepared.... :p

I guess I never made a drink menu for myself.

Three fingers of decent single malt scotch (not sure which kind yet); neat, for random consumption.

I will also be cooking my meal, which while doing so will be enjoying a couple sweet/carbonated ciders. Edmund Fitzgerald Porter with my baguettes, sardines and olives. Main course would include something complex, either a Barleywine or a RIS. Or both. Sure. An Acid Blondie cigar with a Russian River Consecration. With my freezer hohos would be paired with a 3 Floyd's version of Blakkr. A Sixpoint Hi-Res and a cigarette at the end. I smoke a cig about once a month. Would be a nice ending.

Rabbit Fricassee (cut-up rabbit seared in butter, then simmered with onion, celery, carrots, mushrooms, garlic and rosemary; stock reduced by half, thickened with roux and filled with Half & Half to make white gravy)
Chili-Glazed Carrots
Sweet Potato Pie
Of course they'd have to let me cook it all myself, and drink a few of my Belgian homebrews along the way. No sense having a dream last meal that isn't properly prepared.... :p

Not exactly what I would have picked, but so awesome anyway!

Biscuits N Gravy, and a side of beans and some REAL ground bologna sandwiches. Fresh rainbow trout and morel mushrooms fried in butter.

HMX pancakes
a heptanitrocubane sandwich (hey, I like Cuban food)
and Chicken Chlorine Trifluoride.
Delicious.
Put me in the electric chair and turn the juice on and see what happens.

Sourdough roasted garlic bread dripping with butter
Caprese salad with still warm from the garden tomatoes
Penne with garlic cream sauce, pine nuts, shrimp, lobster, spinach and fresh mozzarella
Crispy sautéed green beans
Tiramisu
And two or three bourbon barrel imperial stouts... Maybe old rasputin.

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

And now I'm flipping hungry for bread and butter and everything else. Thanks.

I'd have a slab of ribs from Nashville,plenty of tater salad,lobster with Mexican style corn on the cob & red ale to wash it down. So by the time they fry me I'll rip the ol' C Bomb & destroy the place...huh huh,huh hey,ya wanna see somethin' cool?...

And now I'm flipping hungry for bread and butter and everything else. Thanks.

Quite honestly, baguette and butter was my only choice until I thought of my others. Could eat that for a meal by itself.

A five gallon bucket of chips and a five gallon bucket of chili con queso. Actually, just inject me with the queso. That'll be just fine.

A couple years ago here in Texas a guy ordered this then didn't eat it. I think they stopped doing last meals after.

two chicken-fried steaks with gravy and sliced onions; a triple-patty bacon cheeseburger; a cheese omelet with ground beef, tomatoes, onions, bell peppers and jalapeños; a bowl of fried okra with ketchup; one pound of barbecued meat with half a loaf of white bread; three fajitas; a meat-lover’s pizza; one pint of Blue Bell Ice Cream; a slab of peanut-butter fudge with crushed peanuts; and three root beers.

Here is the link. http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/nationnow/2011/09/texas-ends-death-row-inmates-final-meals.html

Adding hotdogs with chili, mustard, and onions to my list.

I shouldn't read this thread before lunch. Now I want cincy chili dogs.

1. Confit de canard, pommes de terre, haricots verts with a baguette and red wine

If a French chef (preferably a saucier) isn't available,

2. state fair-style corn dogs

Lobster, crab, shrimp, things like that. I'm allergic to shellfish, so if I'm gonna die anyway, I might as well enjoy.

What happens if, after all these years, you end up hating the stuff?

Chili-Glazed Carrots
Sweet Potato Pie

I sincerely hope I'm in the cell next to yours.

For me, I think it would have to be an order of the rabbit jambalaya from Coop's in New Orleans alongside a perfectly cooked filet. And apparently I now need a french baguette.

What happens if, after all these years, you end up hating the stuff?

I sincerely hope I'm in the cell next to yours.

For me, I think it would have to be an order of the rabbit jambalaya from Coop's in New Orleans alongside a perfectly cooked filet. And apparently I now need a french baguette.

Yeah, he got me too. Gotta stick a baguette in there somewhere now....:D

I guess I'll tear pieces of it off while I'm cooking, dip it in melted herbed butter and olive oil, and wash it down with the saison.

Lobster thermidor au crevettes with a mornay sauce, served in a provencale manner with shallots and aubergines garnished with truffle pate, brandy and with a fried egg on top and spam.

Obscene amounts of prime rib. Lobster, shrimp and snow crab with a few lbs of melted butter. Seared tuna, salmon sashimi and what the hell, throw in a bbq chicken pizza as well.;) And for dessert, a key lime pie, Italian cream cake and my mother-in-law's carrot cake (best carrot cake ever). And a nice bottle of bourbon to wash it all down with.
Oh, and I guess I'll take a baguette with butter as well since everyone else did. :D

Fresh moose liver and eggs with bacon and onions, fresh deep sea scallops and razor clams from the inlet, fiddlehead ferns and morel mushrooms fried in a little bacon grease with hot biscuits out of the oven with real butter and honey and a bottle of single malt.

Oh, and a good French baguette and butter!

Moose liver, huh? Can't say I've had the pleasure of putting that in my mouth.

Filet Mignon, seared 2 1/2 minutes on each side, then placed in the oven for 11 minutes at 350. Bathed in Malbec for 24 hours prior to cooking.

Mashed potatoes with a hint of butter and garlic.

Pillsbury Croissants. (Hey I love those things!!)

and for desert, a piece of Red Velvet Cake.

Back