Buy a $190 Haier Freezer, Get $190 in Free Stuff

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thadius856

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Alright guys. For those fortunately enough to live near a HyVee, this is a great deal. Buy a 5 cu ft freezer, get $190 in free stuff to fill it with. Food, ice cream, ziplocks, etc. Valid Feb 28-30, 2012. Sounds like a great way to score a small freezer to store your hops and yeast at -20F on the cheap, while giving your wife a reason to want you to buy it. ;)

I don't have drawings for this model yet in my sig thread, so if you get one, please PM me the measurements listed on Post 4 of my thread so I can draw it up. It likely fits 2 ball locks on the floor and a 5# CO2 tank, and a third ball lock with a ~8" collar.

Here's the full list of free stuff you may get:

YellowFellow at SlickDeals.net said:
Partial coupon list is below for this years sale

These usually expire in about a month or 2. Some stores may take them shortly after they expire.

Sunbelt Granola Bars Fruit & Grain Family Packs 7.2oz to 11oz Maximum Value Free up to $1.79 limit (1) - 2 coupons
Tombstone 12in and Brick Oven 12in Pizzas 16-29.51oz Maximum Value Free up to $3.67 limit (1)
Red Baron Deep Dish, French Bread, Pagoda Express 4.8-14oz Maximum Value Free up to $3.00 limit (1)
Digionro or California Pizza Kitchen 5.3-10oz Maximum Value Free up to $3.00 limit (1)
Post Shredded Wheat or Grape Nuts 15-24oz Maximum Value Free up to $3.00 limit (1)
Crisco Olive Oil 16.9oz Maximum Value Free up to $4.48 limit (1)
Emerald Premium Nuts 10-11oz Maximum Value Free up to $3.50 limit (1)
Ziploc Storage/Freezer Bags 15ct-75ct Maximum Value Free up to $2.99 limit (1)
Birds Eye Blended Vegetables 10oz-16oz Maximum Value Free up to $1.98 limit (1)
Breyers Ice Cream or Frozen Dessert 1.5qt Maximum Value Free up to $3.98 limit (1)
Hy-Vee Ice Cream Pail 4.5qt Maximum Value Free up to $5.98 limit (1)
Grand Selections Frozen Vegetables 12-16oz Maximum Value Free up to $1.67 limit (1) - 3 coupons
Hy-Vee Frozen Apple or Grape Juice 12oz Maximum Value Free up to $1.28 limit (1) - 3 coupons
Snickers or Twix Ice Cream Bars 6-12pks Maximum Value Free up to $3.50 limit (1)
Hy-Vee Cheese Sticks, Cream Cheese or Cheddar Jalapeno Snacks 8oz Maximum Value Free up to $2.50 limit (1) - 2 coupons
Rich Seapak and Farm Rich Mozzarella Sticks 9oz - 26oz Maximum Value Free up to $4.99 limit (1)
Tontino's Pizza Rolls 90ct Maximum Value Free up to $5.99 limit (1)
Macaroni Grill or Wanchai Ferry Frozen Entrees 24oz Maximum Value Free up to $5.99 limit (1)
Hy-Vee White Bread Dough 2lb Maximum Value Free up to $1.68 limit (1) - 3 coupons
Hy-Vee Potato Patties 45oz Maximum Value Free up to $3.49 limit (1)
Dannon Activia 4pks Regular, light, fiber & desserts Maximum Value Free up to $2.00 Free limit (1) - 2 coupons
Mars Singles M&M, Dove, Snickers, Three Musketeers, Milky Way Maximum Value Free up to $.67 limit (1) 5 coupons
Nestle Single Bars Skinny Cow, Butterfinger, Baby Ruth, Nestle, Maximum Value Free up to $.67 limit (1) 5 coupons
Handi Foil Basics 1-3ct Maximum Value Free up to $1.00 limit (1) 3 coupons
Duracell 4ct AA/AAA, 2ct C/D, 1pk 9V Bundles Maximum Value Free up to $3.47 limit (1)
Scotch Brite 3pk Sponges Maximum Value Free up to $2.00 limit (1)
Kodak Fun Saver Camera Maximum Value Free up to $3.99 limit (1)
Dentyne Ice or Trident White 80ct Bags Maximum Value Free up to $3.29 limit (1)
5 Hour Energy 2oz Maximum Value Free up to $2.50 limit (1)
Nature Made Vitamins Maximum Value Free up to $5.99 limit (1)
Land O Frost Deli Shaved Meats 7.5-9oz Maximum Value Free up to $2.50 limit (1)
Klements Brats Maximum Value Free up to $3.49 limit (1)
Hormel Natural Choice Lunchmeat or Chicken Strips 6-8oz Maximum Value free up to $2.99 limit (1)
Tyson 5# Tenders Maximum Value free up to $17.99 limit (1)
Hallmark Card Maximum Value free up to $3.99 limit (1) 2 coupons
Tones Spices Free up to $3.00 -
Healthy Choice Frozen Dinners or Marie Callender Frozen Meal or Pot Pie Free up to $3.00
Old Orchard Frozen Juice Free up to $2.49 -
Mr. Dells Hash browns Free up to $3.99 -
Super Pretzels and Cheese Filled Pretzels Free up to $2.99 -
Don Miguel Mexican Snacks / El Charrito 16-18oz Free up to $4.50 -
Mrs. T's Pierogis Free up to $3.99 -
8th Continent Soymilk Free up to $4.00 -
Johnsonville Smoked or Cooked Sausage Free up to $3.99 -
Fast Fixins or Fast Classics Free up to $4.00 -
Jones Dairy All Natural Golden Brown Pre-Cooked Sausage Free up to $3.00 -
Hot Pockets and Lean Pockets 9oz Maximum Value free up to $2.18 limit (1)
Banquet Bag Chicken 24-26.5oz Maximum Value Free up to $3.99 limit (1) - print 2 coupons
Banquet Pot Pies 7oz Maximum Value Free up to $.75 limit (1) - print 3 coupons

Credit for the find goes to YellowFellow at SlickDeals.net, who set off my deal alert filters with it. Original post here.

Just read the ad. It says you get $190+ in savings via coupons. I don't think we get free food. Coupons blow.

I might think about it. Are these freezers good for soda kegs?

You do get free food. Look above. Each one of the coupons says "Free up to $x". That's where the $190 figure comes from.

This is a recurring annual sale.

You'll probably end up getting something less than $190 worth if you buy it all at HyVee in one trip because of their prices being lower. Take them to a high priced store and your "savings" get bigger.

I purchased a freezer like this out here in Oregon last year at a grocery store chained named Albertsons for $129.00 and got two coupon books worth over $200.00 of free stuff. These were instant coupons and we loaded up our cart with a total of $212.00 of mostly food. Some of them were items that we would never use but we got at least our purchase price of things that we used.

I miss Albertson's in CA. My mother was a butcher in their Springfield, OR store for years.

All ours were sold off and became Save Marts. They lost the neighborhood market feel and went sterile corporate feel. Haven't been back since.

And yes the food was free. A lot was frozen type junk food but we just served it at our pool parties. ;).

I figured that free food that I wouldn't normally buy was worth about half price so the freezer was "under $100" all said and done which is 50 less than you can find it for.

Good looking out. Even though I wouldn't normally buy most of this stuff it's still a good deal .

Latest posts

Back