last brew for awhile

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

arnoldk2

Reaction score
I just bottled my last beer yesterday. I wont be able to brew for awhile now...sad. just bought a house so any extra time and money will be going to renovations. Hopefully the raspberry steam beer lasts all summer... who am I kidding. It wont last a week.

But just think, now that you bought a house you should have all the more room for bottles and equipment or even a keezer!

I'm kinda in the same boat,being retired. I have to wait till I get paid again. Which will be in time to put together a kit for the beer my wife enjoyed so much,plus an addition. Not to mention,an auto siphon. It's killing me that I can't get the last 2 bottles or so of beer out of the bottom of my Cooper's FV. Oh well...I did get 60 12oz bottles,& one 25oz PET.

Once I do get in the house the first thing I am planning to do is a keezer build. Also, the appliances are staying. They are uber old so we will probably get new appliances. The old refridgerator will be put in the basement and I will use it as a fermenting chamber. I will be able to make lagers all year long :) Still, I was craving to brew a nice orange wheat beer this weekend... maybe next year :(

I just bottled my last beer yesterday. I wont be able to brew for awhile now...sad. just bought a house so any extra time and money will be going to renovations. Hopefully the raspberry steam beer lasts all summer... who am I kidding. It wont last a week.

So you won't be buying any commercial beer during the renovations either? If that is true, I feel for you. I can understand not having the time to brew, but we all know that you can make your own beer cheaper than you can buy 'good' beer (cost of ingredients only, of course).

I just wont have the time. It is also easier to justify $9 six packs than $40 worth of ingredients. SWMBO doesn't really see how I save money by brewing but that is my fault. I keep buying books, carboys, and other brewing equipment when I buy ingredients. Im kind of like a kid in a candy shop:)

I just wont have the time. It is also easier to justify $9 six packs than $40 worth of ingredients. SWMBO doesn't really see how I save money by brewing but that is my fault. I keep buying books, carboys, and other brewing equipment when I buy ingredients. Im kind of like a kid in a candy shop:)

Understood.

Man, I have projects and work coming out of my ears but I still manage to squeeze in a brew session every couple of weeks. I can't believe that I managed to brew this past weekend but somehow I did.

Latest posts

Back