Las vegas and beer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Goatey

Reaction score
Hey all. I'll be heading out for a mid-winter long weekend in Las Vegas with the wife. Our first time ever.

I know alcohol flows freely, but this is the furthest west I've been and I'm excited to sample a few west cost beers.

I live in Michigan so I've had my share of Sierra Nevada, Rogue, Stone ect. ect.

Any recommendations for some regional beers I'll have to try?

Not sure if Michigan is in the same spot, but I was just happy to get Stone out there because they stopped distributing in Wisconsin a couple years ago.

haha, same thing. we just wanted to get out for a little bit and get some sun.

Stone is readily available in Michigan, which is great.

Though I admit I don't buy it much because it's always a little more costly than the local stuff.

I'm heading that way next weekend. I am checking out the Hofbrauhaus while I'm there for sure. Looking forward to drinking some Stone, New Belgium or any brew west of New Mexico. The distributors in Oklahoma are terrible about bringing in good brew. It's hard enough to find local brews in okc. I haven't even tried Pliny...I should be ashamed but you can't find that stuff here!

The Pub @ Monte Carlo has probably the biggest craft beer selection on the strip. It's a bit pricey but they have loads to chose from. Pour 24 @ New York New York also has a ok selection. Have fun!

The Pub @ Monte Carlo has probably the biggest craft beer selection on the strip. It's a bit pricey but they have loads to chose from. Pour 24 @ New York New York also has a ok selection. Have fun!

Two of my favorites. Pour 24 is great if you're walking around and feel like a quick pint of something that's not Budweiser.

I was there a couple of months ago. We hit the Hofbrauhaus and we loved it. It's not really regional, but was fun. That's if you like German beer. I had the Original(Munich Helles) & Oktoberfest and thought they were both outstanding. We also hit Gordon Biersch, it was just ok. I usually really like GB, but this location was just kinda meh. There are a couple local brewpubs, but I didn't take the time to check them out. We were only there for two days. There's a place in the MGM called Pub 1842 that has a pretty great selection with a couple of the local brews on it.

BTW, I highly suggest seeing a Cirque Du Soleil show if you can. Mystere is really good.

Have fun!!:mug:

One of the few things I remember from my last Vegas trip is you can buy a bottle of vodka off the strip for about the same price as a martini on the strip.

If you want some Great Beer while in Vegas go to the Hofbrauhaus, they might not be local beers but i guarantee you won't be disappointed, I recommend trying a seasonal or specialty beer if the have any when you visit.

Cheers :mug:

The Monte Carlo has a pub that they claim has 300 beers on tap or in house. Might want to go check that place out. I passed by it but didn't have the opportunity to go inside.

+1 on the Hofbrauhaus. Great beer. It's pretty loud on the weekends too. Then you can walk across the street to the Hard Rock cafe and roll some bones.

Sounds like Hofbrauhaus and Monte Carlo are the places to be. I'll be sure to check 'em out.

Hofbrauhaus was mediocre...good beer though.

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

I made a mistake and ate at the "Heart Attack Grill" after dropping 20 bucks in the video power at The D and drinking a few compted Shiner Bocks.

Ended up sick and wasted a night on an already short trip. Word of advice, if you're walking around the Fremont Street area don't let the obvious tourist traps suck you in. You always end up disappointed.

Anyways, the wife and I had a fantastic brunch at Todd English P.U.B.

Great beers on tap & cask and I was able to slurp down a few Oysters.

Looking forward to a return visit.

Todd English P.U. B. Is worth checking out.
Nice place, good food, good beer. I had a cask Arogant Bastard there. It was interesting.

Sent from my cm_tenderloin using Home Brew mobile app

Next time you are in LV go downtown, The 777 Brewery at Main Street Station. They usually have a good selection of FRESH on site brewed ales and even a lager or two. Hit them during happy hour Mon-Fri and get 2 dollar pints. Pretty decent bar food too. Their Pale Ale and IPA are pretty good. If you time it just right you can see the brewery in action.

If you like good BBQ try Ellis Island. It's a little dump , walking distance from the strip on Koval Lane, great prices and they brew their own beer. Nothing fancy, tastes like decent homebrew, 2 bucks a pint. The food is above average.

Okay... Anyone from LV or headed there soon?

I purchased a Groupon for Barefoot Bob's Beach Bar. 100 bucks worth of drinks.

Never got the chance to use it.

It appears all of the Groupon resell sites have closed up shop or don't get much traffic. I just saw the same groupon go for 2 bucks on Ebay.

I've decided to accept it's a loss.

Anyone want it? 100% free of charge.

Send me a message if you do.

Yardhouse has a huge selection of craft beers on tap as well as great food.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Home Brew mobile app

Back