Large head

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wildcatman17

Reaction score
Why did the head on on my IPA turn out so thick ..When I pour its about 3 inches tall and thick...sorta wierd

carbed for 3 weeks has been in fridge long enough to get cold

The reason I asked, it typically needs 48 hours or more to fully get the CO2 into solution. If it's not, it can cause more head than it would if it was more/fully dissolved.

twistr25 said:
The reason I asked, it typically needs 48 hours or more to fully get the CO2 into solution. If it's not, it can cause more head than it would if it was more/fully dissolved.

Now when i open a beer it all foams out. What the heck is going on.

twistr25 said:

The beer was carbonated with priming sugar.

wildcatman17 said:
Now when i open a beer it all foams out. What the heck is going on.

How did you add your sugar to the beer? If it wasn't mixed well you could have some that are over carbed and some that are under carbed/flat.

I have an extract Coffee Stout that has to be poured into a 4 cup measuring glass as it's all head, some are gushers. After it settles down it's a dam good drink, the coffee SO comes through. Not sure why I have same trouble as you. Bottled at a friends house and he measured the sugar. LOL This beer is months in the reffer at say 40*.

Here is a picture after pouring the coffee stout into the measuring cup and a few min later after transfer to beer glass.

CAM00509.jpg

CAM00510.jpg

Could you have bottled too early? The few times I've had gushers/bottle bombs, I got impatient and bottled before fermentation was completely done, so it continued in the bottles.

Latest posts

Back