Landshark

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Saw this on the board under a different post... I'm trying it next!

Old 06-20-2009, 01:59 AM #34
Buzz_Armstrong
Recipes

Send a message via AIM to Buzz_Armstrong

Rate Post:
If you want the easy way out, get a regular "Mexican Pilsner" kit from Austin Homebrew Supply, leave the yeast out of the kit, and add a vial of California ale yeast instead. That was recommended to me here when I was wanting to create a Corona-esque brew.

It really worked like a champ. The resulting beverage was probably closer to a Landshark Lager (aka Corona, hold the skunk) but I really like it. I've got it on tap now in the kegerator and it's a great pool-side summer ale with a lime in it. I wish I could pitch my cell phone into the ocean, just like the commercials! Crisp, refreshing, and tangy. My conversion didn't work so well in the mini-mash kit, so I supplemented the primary with a pound of local honey. The honey fermented nicely and if there's any residual flavor left from it, it's extremely subtle.

Personally, when the mood strikes me, I still like a skunky, pungent Corona with a lime wedge squeezed into it. There's nothing wrong with that. It's no more odd than someone else loving a triple IPA or a barleywine or a stout. It's something with a bite and a twang and it tickles something that people want tickled. Personally, I try to appreciate what the recipe was trying to accomplish, even if it doesn't suit my particular taste.

Latest posts

Back