Lancaster/Reading/Allentown PA grain group buy- Round #3

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Tom, like we discussed I'll be in Sin City this weekend but can pick up either the 2nd or 3rd at your place. Whichever date is preferable let me know and we can set up a time.

Rob

Turns out I won't be able to make it Saturday, but idesofmarch89 is going to pick my grains up with his. We are the two splitting the smoke so no worries on the split.

Sent from my DROIDX using Home Brew Talk

I haven't seen much action on the thread or responces On the grain pick up times. I hope everyone that can't make it tomorrow has someone getting your order. Please let me know if someone else is getting your grains so I can mark it all down. Also, if you can make it and will be getting your own order, just post up a confirmation so I know I won't be loading 30 sacks of grain to bring home with me tomorrow. If your not there by 10:30, the grains will be going to my place for pick up from there. Also, if there is a chance you will be running a little late, shoot me a PM so I can get you my cell number.
Tom

Tom,

I'll be there by 10 to pick up my grain. Additionally, I might be picking up servadia's grain as well. I'll check with him and he'll let you know.

I'll be there at ten to pickup my grains.

Will half a sac fit into one 5 gallon bucket?

What about 3/4 of a sac, 2 buckets?

Tom,

As asked before. I have a golf match at Rich Maiden on Sunday so I'll stop by after that. I'll call to make sure your available before I pick it up. I have three bags of 2-row. Thanks again for everything!

Brent

Hey Tom....My son and I will be there for pick up within the 9:30-10:30 AM window, should be there around 10:00.

Thanx as always for putting this together!

Tom,

I won't be able to make the pick up. I have to work until 5 in Hershey. Hope this doesn't pose a problem. My grains are: CM-2ROW x1, GW-C60 x1/5.

I can pick it up from your place in the afternoon on Sunday or Monday after about 6pm, or anytime during the day on Tuesday, Wednesday or Thursday. Let me know what a good time would be and thanks again.

Sorry I didn't get back to you guys, been busy all night. Coalcracker and snow14...: got u guys covered. As for everyone else, ill see you tomorrow!
Tom

sorry I have been away so I wasn't included into this buy... hopefully I didn't mess up a pallet. We had to do some quick construction, then the St. Patrick's Day parade in Allentown (that was great). Keep me informed of the next buy TomRep, if you can. Hopefully you all get some great beers from your purchases.
Chris Frey
Allentown

Just wanted to say thanks again! Grains are safe and sound at home, but fearing for their lives because I am going to crush them, drown them, and squeeze the lifeblood out of them soon!

We just left the pick up location with a crappie pile of grains. Several guys didn't show up. If you one of them, the grains will be at my house. Several of you already talked to me about picking up at my place, but these are additional guys.
Tom

Everyone, please check your orders. I have one extra sack of two row here. We were pretty thorough so I think it may be the fault of ncm. If your missing one, please om me.
Tom

Thanks again, Tom. Went home and used my purchase to brew my first BIAB. Overall it went well, and looks and smells great.

I'm thinking of starting the hop buy in two weeks or so. Just a heads up,m we will ned to do it kinda fast. If we have orders and money for hops and they get sold out in the meantime, that can make things tough for me. I'm personally only going to be ordering a few pounds. Currently working on a Kal clone build so my brewing budget is tight.
tom

I need a pound of each of these, possibly more, & I have cash ready to go. Where did you plan to order from? I just looked at hopsdirect & they are out of EKG, Amarillo, Simcoe, Centennial, & Columbus, among others.

Amarillo
Cascade
Centennial
Columbus
Goldings (EKG)
Hallertauer
Magnum
Nugget
Simcoe

Just saw this site from another group buy. Prices seem reasonable, and they have a decent variety in stock compared to hopsdirect:
http://www.bcrosbyhops.com/pellet-hops-categories-5.html?page=1

I was planning on going with hopsdirect only because I never dealt with any of the other hop companies. If anyone has any recommendations, let me know.
Tom

Tom,
I'm new to the group buy thing, but would like to know more and be included in the next one. The cost at the home brew store is ridiculous, especially for the fact that I have to drive over an hour for a decent one. There are some friends of mine in another one, but their dropoff point is on the other side Philly.

Tom,

My buddy and I are in for at least 4 sacks of grain. Tis the brewing season so can we get another grain group buy started?

We'd also be up for some hops.

I think a concurrent buy would be nice so we could pick them all up at once....

Been looking for other group hop buy deals and have an email in to a farm other than hops direct. I will let you know what I find out.

gifty- next grain buy will probably be June or July. Koed- please keep me informed! Though having both buys at the same time would be convenient for pickup, it would be a nightmare for me. Also, I have some grains at my house for someone who bought in the last grain buy and is waiting to pick up when the hops come in.
tom

Back