Lancaster/Reading/Allentown PA grain group buy- Round #3

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I got the quote from NCM. Looks like shipping will be $3.14 per sack. I will work up the totals hopefully tonight and PM them to those who confirmed their order. Don't bother trying to figure out your totals yourself. Theprices on the sacks are a bit off from the sheet. Some are a couple pennies more per sack, and some are a little cheaper.
Tom

Just an update guys. I was working all the numbers out lastnight and I couldn't get the numbers to match up. Figured it all out this morning on my break at work. I plan to check PayPal fees and start getting totals out to people this afternoon sometime.
Tom

Sorry for the delay Tom - This look right to me - Confirmed!

Thanks!

mjwitz- CM-WHET x1, CM-2ROW x1, BZ-PILS x1

Tom,
I cleared my inbox. I'm in for my order. I can't believe we filled up two pallets.

Everything is rolling along nicely right now. Everyone should have their totals. If you don't, let me know. I've been getting asked about pick up dates. I thought I posted it here, but maybe I didn't. As of right now I'm aiming for the 26th for the pick up date. That should be the Saturday after I get back from vacation. The address for the pick up location is posted on the first list that was made on the first page. Any other questions, let me know.
Tom

Paypal payment sent.

Tom, if you are running the group hop buy, would you have any issues if I participated in that & waited until both hops & grain were in to do the pickup? Redding is ~90 minutes away for me.

I am planning on doing the hop buy and I have no problem holding your grains until then. however, it's probably going to be a good month to month and a half until the hop buy is all finished. It's up to you if you want to wait that long to get your grains.
Tom

Paypal payment sent.

Tom, if we can't make it up that day, is it going to be a problem? I'm working until 6pm and it's about an hour drive for me. Let me know.

On the same note, if there is anyone driving from the Hershey or Harrisburg area that wanted to pick up my bags for me and I could pick it up from your place, that would be awesome? shoot me a PM.

Jordan

For those of you that were not involved in the other buys, I have no problem bringing sacks back to my house for pick up if you can't make it to the group pick up. My house is in Fleetwood, 19522.
Tom

I'm coming in from York, around Suburban High School/ Queensgate . I can pick up few more sacks if they can be picked up on Sunday.

Does anyone have any specialty malts they are willing to sell or trade?
I will trade 10lbs of CM-Pale malt for 5lbs of a special like a Crystal or something...let me know if you are interested

Sorry for the delay, finally paid!

Does anyone have any specialty malts they are willing to sell or trade?
I will trade 10lbs of CM-Pale malt for 5lbs of a special like a Crystal or something...let me know if you are interested

I have 10 lbs of C-60 coming, and I could trade you half of it if you're interested.

Okay all, last day of vacation and I believe when I get home, everyone will be paid. Thanks for the smooth transactions! I should be able to get things moving on Monday so we can have our Saturday pick up.
Tom

Tom,

Welcome back and hope vacation was relaxing. There is a chance I can't meet up next Sat so I might need to take you up on meeting at your house. Are my partials going to be too much trouble without me there?

Thanks!

Has the order been placed yet? If not I'd like to get a sack of 2row, otter and pils. If it's too late please let me know of next one.
Thanks

Hey Driver. Not sure how I missed your post. It shouldn't be a problem at all. jazzman- Sorry bud, but the buy is done. I will keep your name in my book for the future buys. Looking at doing another around June or July.

As for everyone else, the bill is all paid. I am waiting for the money to go into my account from PayPal. I'm thinking it will happen Tuesday or so. As of now, next Saturday the 26th will be the pick up date. I have to find out what time our drop off location opens, but you can plan the pick up being in the morning, probably 9-10 or something like that. When I get the details I will let you all know.
Tom

Okay guys, money was deposited into my account tonight. I have everything set up with NCM that all I have to do is call itomorrow morning and the order is done. I am getting the order delivered on Friday, the 25th so the pick up will be this Saturday. The pick up will be between 9:30-10:30am. The address is posted on both the first page and page #10 I believe. If you cannot make it to the pick up between the scheduled times, please work on finding someone in your area to pick up your grains. I have no problems bringing grains back to my place for a later date. I am located in Fleetwood and very easy to find. If you asked me to get your grains already, please just post up a reminder for me. If you are getting partial sacks of grain, be sure you bring a bucket or bag to put them in. the paint buckets and Lowes/Home Depot work great and are cheap. If you forget to bring something, buckets can be purchased at the Sherwin Williams pick up location. Any other questions, feel free to post them up.
Tom

Anyone going from the Hershey/Harrisburg/Lebanon areas? I'm working the day of the pick up and was hoping someone might be able to pick up my grain and I'll get it from your place.

Thanks

Actually its on the side of the store. The store is located in a strip mall. There is a gap between the Sherwin Williams and the next set of stores. The loading dock is on the side of the Sherwin Williams. I drive a red Chevy Colorado which will be parked there.

On a side note, the order is placed!
Tom

Tom,

I want to just make sure I am looking in the right direction. When I type the address into Google maps and request directions the ending point is what seems to be behind the Sherwin Williams if it is located directly off of 5th St. The directions have you take Plaza Drive to an end point.

Is this right? or should I just enter the strip mall from 5th St?

Thanks

Just enter the strip mall from 5th street. there will be an Arby's on the corner. when you come from that entrance, the SW will be to your right.
tom

Back