Lambic Discussion Thread

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Anyone else receive the 3F pack with Schaarbeekse and new GB and notice the ABV? I was surprised to see the Schaarbeekse around 9% and the GB at 8% Usually these sit around 6-7% Anyone know why these batches are so much stronger?

Probably has got something to with the fruit being sweeter. Therefore more sugars = higher alcohol levels.

I've always found it ... curious that almost every Cantillon beer is labeled at 5% regardless of whether it has fruit or what kind of fruit. You'd think that some of the fruit would ferment out and raise the abv, or if it doesn't ferment out it would dilute the abv. I thought someone told me that Jean had been going with 5% for years because he could list whatever he wanted but that he'd had to change it to accurate numbers, but I looked at fresh bottles of kriek, Foune and Rose de Gambrinus and they all still say 5%...

I actually slept in (for once) and completely missed it.
If I was working today, 100% chance I would have remembered about the sale.

Instead, I was off and spent 45 minutes negotiating w/ my toddler to get changed out of their paint covered pajamas and lost track of everything else in the world.

I did as well. Excited to try these wines and of course the beers.
Have either of you been contacted about payment or shipping? I got my initial confirmation email asking for my details and that was it. I've seen a number of people saying they were contacted, and some saying it would be a while... just curious. I know patience is critical with lambic.

Have either of you been contacted about payment or shipping? I got my initial confirmation email asking for my details and that was it. I've seen a number of people saying they were contacted, and some saying it would be a while... just curious. I know patience is critical with lambic.
I have. 2 of my buddies that also got the congrats email are still waiting for the payment request email.

IMG-20210416-164410.jpg

👌

Back