Lake Powell.. Who has been?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
So I need a little advise. I am in the planning stages of a 7 day Lake Powell trip and wanted to find out the do's and don'ts of the lake from the people who has been there and done that.
A little about the trip. We will be taking our own boats and camping on them so there is no need for house boats or camping spots.
Any good advise? Is it hard to anchor in the coves? When is the best time to go? Ya know stuff like that. I want to see as much as I can, all the killer canyons and caves etc. I have about 80 mile range per tank full and we will be just lollygaggen most of the time really. If need be we have the ability to get up and run but more than likely well just stick it in gear and putz.

Any good boating advise for Lake Powell?

Cheers
Jay

It has been 20 years, but I used to go each summer. Take a telescope, you can see stars forever, with a good scope you can see the satellites really well, very cool. Lots and lots of beer and water, it is HOT. Don't miss the cliff diving, super fun. Fireworks also can be fun. Have a great trip.

Back