Lagering an Oktoberfest

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
After that is it okay to store at room temperatures?

Yes. If you're bottling, storing them at room temperatures is commonly done so the beer will carb up. I never store mine at room temperature, as I've been lagering in a keg and then keeping it in the kegerator. But that's more for my convenience than necessity.

I was planning on bottling first, then lagering and then storing at room temps. Is this okay? I need the space in my "beer spa" (refrigerator) to ferment another beer (ale) while bottle conditioning. Then I'll take my bottled Oktoberfest and put it back in the beer spa to lager.

I was planning on bottling first, then lagering and then storing at room temps. Is this okay? I need the space in my "beer spa" (refrigerator) to ferment another beer (ale) while bottle conditioning. Then I'll take my bottled Oktoberfest and put it back in the beer spa to lager.

Well, if you're going to bottle before lagering, you'll have to carb up the bottles at room temperature and THEN lager them.

That's what I was planning on doing. I am wanting to have a few brews going and am trying to maximize my beer spa.
Thanks for your help. Any more advice is appreciated.

How long should I lager my Oktoberfest? OG was 1.058 and FG was 1.014.
Thanks.

How patient are you? I've had good luck with long lagering periods but frankly doubt that 8 weeks instead of 4 weeks will be worth the wait unless you really are in no rush.

Back