Labor Day = Brewing Day!! What you guys got planned?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My Holiday plans include,
Bottling the Hefe.
Bottling the Tripel, if I have enough empties or can create them.
Starting a batch of Brand0n's Graff
Sampling the Nut Brown to see if 2 weeks is enough conditioning
creating more empties.

I'm going to try and do two back-to=back batches. I've never done that before. I was planning on brewing tomorrow, but the forecast calls for 100°. I decided to wait until Monday when it's supposed to be 78°.

I'm brewing an American Brown Ale and a Belgian Stout. A cross between an Imperial Stout and a Wit with Abbey type yeast.

...and a Belgian Stout. A cross between an Imperial Stout and a Wit with Abbey type yeast.

If it comes out anything like the Stone Brewing's Russian Imperial Belgo Stout, then it should be a winner. I never thought the two (RIS and Belgian yeast) should mix but I was impressed and believe that with the right balance it can create a REALLY unique and pleasant beer.

Bottling my Red Rocket Clone tonight and brewing 10g of Thunderstruck Pumpkin on Labor Day. Planning on emptying a keg this weekend. :ban:

I'll be giving my first AG brew a go this weekend and first time SWMBO will be the brewing assistant.

Cheers!

I am going to brew up my last summer wheat ale of the season. This summer went by quick. Now its time to think of a pumpkin ale or a porter my last 2 pumpkin ales weren't my favorite. too much allspice and not enough pumpkin. have been reading that butter squash is a good alternative. Need to keep keep my Tap-a draft filled.

Going brew shopping tomorrow. I'm thinking an English Brown. Also doing some brisket in the smoker at some point. Possibly kegging the Dunkelweizen and bottling my Stouts if they are ready.

I'm brewin tonight cuz I have to go to a wedding in Illinois. Missin out on Foootball and Brewin. How inconsiderate to get married on Labor Day weekend, college football opening weekend and Happens to be my birthday weekend as well. F*ckers. I could just not go but then I would catch sh*t from all the inlaws not to mention my wife for who knows how long. Only good thing is there is a open bar, but I bet its just BMC. I'm takin some homebrew and I'm definitely hittin the liquer bar. Sorry, just venting. Hope everyone has a great weekend.

I'll be adding tart cherry's to a Black Forest Stout and brewing an American Amber and a Kolsch this weekend. Giddy'up!

Camping on the beach Saturday/Sunday. :) Monday I'll be harvesting hops and brewing a fresh hop ESB and drying the rest.

Going to be brewing the NB German Alt kit tomorrow. Bottled my NB Innkeeper this last Friday as well as an experimental batch of cider for my wife which I tasted today and it is already perfectly carbed so I will be pasturizing tomorrow.

Friday I bottled my blonde ale and Saturday I brewed 5 gal of octoberfest ale. Working on keeping the temps down.

Steeping some grains right now for a 5 gallon batch of APA I will be brewing up in about an hour.

I got my Christmas brew done on Friday and picked up some yeast today for the secondary / frozen cherry addition next Saturday.

Going with my first FWH and second No-Chill - IPA. I know, probably not the best beer for No-Chill but I gotta party to be at around 3 and I'm just starting mash now.

Heres the recipe:

BeerSmith Recipe Printout - http://www.beersmith.com
Recipe: IPA
Brewer: Kevin
Asst Brewer:
Style: American IPA
TYPE: All Grain
Taste: (35.0)

Recipe Specifications
--------------------------
Batch Size: 10.00 gal
Boil Size: 12.13 gal
Estimated OG: 1.071 SG
Estimated Color: 8.4 SRM
Estimated IBU: 57.8 IBU
Brewhouse Efficiency: 75.00 %
Boil Time: 60 Minutes

Ingredients:
------------
Amount Item Type % or IBU
23.00 lb Pale Malt (2 Row) US (2.0 SRM) Grain 88.46 %
2.00 lb Munich Malt (9.0 SRM) Grain 7.69 %
1.00 lb Caramel/Crystal Malt - 60L (60.0 SRM) Grain 3.85 %
1.00 oz Magnum [14.00 %] (60 min) Hops 21.8 IBU
2.25 oz Cascade [5.50 %] (20 min) (First Wort) Hops 12.8 IBU
2.00 oz Hallertauer Hersbrucker [6.20 %] (20 min)Hops 12.9 IBU
1.00 oz Centennial [10.00 %] (20 min) (First Wort) Hops 10.4 IBU
1.00 oz Hallertauer Hersbrucker [4.00 %] (0 min) Hops added tonight to corny -
1.50 oz Cascade [5.50 %] (0 min) Hops added tonight to corny -
3.00 oz Cascade [5.50 %] (Dry Hop 3 days) Hops -
1 Pkgs Bells Oberon Yeast harvested - RWS Yeast-Ale

Mash Schedule: Single Infusion, Light Body, Batch Sparge
Total Grain Weight: 26.00 lb

Gonna try Revvy's Leffe clone, if I can get off my lazy butt and get the starter ready in time that is.

Cool!!!!

I got the strike water going....after not brewing since may it took forever to clean all my gear from just the normal sitting around gathering dust grime.

Grains all crushed and everything else is ready to go.

I have to work today. :(

But I'll be racking my Hellfire porter onto the datk chocolate and peppers tonight, along with racking my Succubus dunkelweizen onto 5 lbs of cherries as well. This weekend I'll be bottling 10 gallons of my LPR apfelwien, as well. :)

I have to work today. :(

But I'll be racking my Hellfire porter onto the datk chocolate and peppers tonight, along with racking my Succubus dunkelweizen onto 5 lbs of cherries as well. This weekend I'll be bottling 10 gallons of my LPR apfelwien, as well. :)

Hellfire Porter, that sounds awesome! Got a recipe on here?

EDIT: Nvrmind, see it in your avatar recipes. Thx!

NB Smashing pumpkin ale with 5 lbs of real pumpkin in the mash

Yum yum :mug:

Had trouble holding my mash temps (was 5 deg F short) but had good extract efficiency.

Back