labels for a Mac

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've been using illustrator. Expensive to buy, but I go to an art school so I have access to it M-F

I tried inkscape, but it doesn't seem to be set up very well and is therefore hard to use.

I know this is an old thread but pages may do a lot of what you need.

Software that does vector drawing (inkscape & illustrator) are better for labels and whatnot because the lines and text aren't pixelated.

Sorry,

I was thinking basic home labels. I am digital production manager of a printing company, so I am issued the adobe creative suite. I went through the Macbreak Weekly and Open source Alternatives and here's what I found

Photoshop Alternatives - Pixel Level Editors

Acorn By Flying Meat Software 49.95
Pixelmator By Pixelmator 59.95
I believe both of these programs (Pixelmator for sure) Offload a lot of the intensive calculations off to the GPU which makes them quite zippy. In a ot of cases way faster that Photoshop which is pretty old code.

Vector based editing

Here's a link to a TUAW comparison on Low-cost vector drawing apps

EazyDraw @ $95.00 was a macbreak weekly pick. It just loses to Vector Designer @70.00.

I hope that helps.

Sorry,

I was thinking basic home labels. I am digital production manager of a printing company, so I am issued the adobe creative suite. I went through the Macbreak Weekly and Open source Alternatives and here's what I found

Photoshop Alternatives - Pixel Level Editors

Acorn By Flying Meat Software 49.95
Pixelmator By Pixelmator 59.95
I believe both of these programs (Pixelmator for sure) Offload a lot of the intensive calculations off to the GPU which makes them quite zippy. In a ot of cases way faster that Photoshop which is pretty old code.

Vector based editing

Here's a link to a TUAW comparison on Low-cost vector drawing apps

EazyDraw @ $95.00 was a macbreak weekly pick. It just loses to Vector Designer @70.00.

I hope that helps.

Yeah, I was thinking basic home labels too. My problem is that I'm a perfectionist :D

GIMP
Avery Design Pro.

both free. Works for me until I pony up for Creative Suite next year.

Screen_shot_2009-12-24_at_3_01_30_AM.png

Picture_34.png

Picture_13.png

Back