LA/OC area thread

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
From El Segundo Brewing Co's FB page:
"IT'S HERE!! Bottles available in the taproom tonight, release party this Saturday!"

10352893_756706947704960_7604734445792452261_n.jpg

I really loved their Amarillo Pale Ale so this one has me really excited. I asked my wife to pick me up a couple bottles on her way home from work (she works 5 mins. away)--AND SHE DID!!! I'm starting to think she loves me.
I love ESBC. They have another new DIPA in the works as well.

LA Beer Fest (Fall edition)
Drink Eat Play
Saturday, October 18, 2014 from 12:00 PM to 4:00 PM (PDT)
Los Angeles, CA

logo.jpg

Ticket Information

VIP Admission (noon to 4pm) $50.00 + $3.74
General Admission (1pm to 4pm) $40.00 + $3.19

List of breweries attending

No breweries that really jump out at me. Not enough to deal with the throngs of people there anyways. A lot of breweries that I don't recognize or am just not familiar with. If anyone knows of a sleeper in this list, please speak up.

Guess I need to be more active on this thread now huh...seeing how I relocated to Tustin...

So for starters, if you have no plans tomorrow...well now you do!

10454130_855044107839389_8073068637783627881_o.jpg

And it's FREE!!!!!

Guess I need to be more active on this thread now huh...seeing how I relocated to Tustin...

So for starters, if you have no plans tomorrow...well now you do!

10454130_855044107839389_8073068637783627881_o.jpg

And it's FREE!!!!!
dude, what does this have to do with beer stuff in oc and LA? you dont need to be more active on this thread with your car stuff...

Any interest in joining the SoCal Gang Bang BIF? I've been meaning to ask since you updated your address in the Potato BIF.
Yeah I'm interested. I've heard of what goes on at these Gang Bangs but have never participated. Let me know how/when I can help!

Since I got yelled at earlier...

From Bottle Logic:

Counter Clockweisse -- we gave our German Berlinerweisse a sabbatical on 170 pounds of cherries and boysenberries. This beer is tart and gorgeously pink with all the bright notes of these summer berries.

10514547_723454767721497_1533772048082942406_n.jpg

Oh, **** YES!!! Noble's Tongue Tickles is coming back! (finally!) I only got to try this beer once last year--I will not make that same mistake again this year. Bottles should be coming out shortly after the release event.

From their Instagram page:

National IPA Day is on August 7th, and we're tickled pink to celebrate it by releasing TONGUE TICKLES Double IPA in our tasting room! Don't miss out on all the Tongue Tickling action next week! #craftbeer #OCbeer #tonguetickles #doubleIPA #IPAday #BeerMe #bottleshots #thisisastickup

10544261_1442954539319775_2146420146_n.jpg

Last edited:
Aug 26th. 5pm.
Pride of cHops IPA Bottle Release Beachwood BBQ & Brewing, 210 E 3rd St, Long Beach, CA, United States
Take pride in what you brew and what you drink! To commemorate the 20th anniversary of O’Brien’s Pub in San Diego, California, we brewed this marvelously hoppy and aromatic India pale ale. Available at both location at 5pm on August 26th, 2014.

Pride of cHops IPA Brewed & bottled by Beachwood Brewing in Long Beach, CA Drink Fresh! Do not age. Store refrigerated at all times. 7.1% ABV 99+ IBUs Retail Price: $8/22oz bottle.

Pride of cHops IPA Brewed & bottled by Beachwood Brewing in Long Beach, CA 7.1% ABV 99+ IBUs Retail Price: $8/22oz bottle.

Looking forward to another great IPA from BW. Does anyone know or can anyone explain why all their IPAs clock in at 7.1% abv? I'm not complaining--that's right in my wheelhouse--just wondering is all.

Looking forward to another great IPA from BW. Does anyone know or can anyone explain why all their IPAs clock in at 7.1% abv? I'm not complaining--that's right in my wheelhouse--just wondering is all.

Probably because he is using the same recipe(except for the hops).

I'm more curious as to why they ost so ****ing much in a bottle. I'd much rather go down there for a couple pints and growler fill. But I had the same thought as you as well.

Wholefoods and total wine in Tustin are close to you. The two mention above are great. Vendome in Fullerton is solid. Mr. Kegs in HB is a good if you're in the area.

Anything worthwhile beer-wise in Santa Barbara? Gonna be there for two days for Phish. Yes, I could ask this in October...I'm aware

Anything worthwhile beer-wise in Santa Barbara? Gonna be there for two days for Phish. Yes, I could ask this in October...I'm aware

Barrelworks is open 12-7 on Sat and Sun and 2-7 on Monday. Closed the rest of the week. In the same building is Firestone Buelton Tap Room is open from 11-9 seven days a week. This is about 40 minutes north of Santa Barbara. It's also where Sideways was filmed if you're into wine.

Telegraph Brewing Company is in Santa Barbara and is absolutely worth a visit.

Hollister Brewing is also worth checking out in the area. It's about 10 minutes north of Santa Barbara in Goleta

Institution Ale in Camarillo is pretty good as you're heading to LA.

Ladyface is also right off the 101 on your way to LA and is a great place for food and beer.

Barrelworks is open 12-7 on Sat and Sun and 2-7 on Monday. Closed the rest of the week. In the same building is Firestone Buelton Tap Room is open from 11-9 seven days a week. This is about 40 minutes north of Santa Barbara. It's also where Sideways was filmed if you're into wine.

Telegraph Brewing Company is in Santa Barbara and is absolutely worth a visit.

Hollister Brewing is also worth checking out in the area. It's about 10 minutes north of Santa Barbara in Goleta

Institution Ale in Camarillo is pretty good as you're heading to LA.

Ladyface is also right off the 101 on your way to LA and is a great place for food and beer.

thanks friend!

New batch of tongue tickles is delicious. I hated the first batch but this one is great

Noble's releasing a 375ml bottle of that fig beer - Fig Poppa today. $20

Very steep price, even if it's just a 200 bottle count on it. No thanks.

Back