KY Brewery's/beers to look for?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HOPCousin

Reaction score
Heading down to KY with friends for a bachelor party and wedding. Was wondering if there are any good brewery's or brew pubs near louisville and over toward the virginia border from there? Also if there is something i should keep an eye out for in stores that I could only get down that way?
Info would be great.

Idk of any in lousville... But if you can get your hands on some Kentucky Bourbon Ale it is outstanding. Seriously in my top 3 favorite brews, and if you don't like Bourbon barrel brews the next best thing is just the Kentucky ale! It's seriously awesome brew, but don't expect a ton of hop profile. If you are up towards cincy there is a brewpub there called rock bottom brewery.... They have some good beer!

There's a few BBC locations around. I like just about everything they have, especially the altbier. And like others gave said, you shouldn't have any trouble finding bourbon barrel stout.

If you want to fill a growler, check out liquor barn on Westport. They have close to 30 taps I think, plus a nice craft beer selection. BBC and liquor barn both have websites for more info.

Anything BBC as already mentioned, also check out New Albanian just across the river in Indiana. If you want to venture farther North Three Floyds is located in Northern Indiana near Chicago. There's also an excellent LHBS (My Old Ky Homebrew) down on Story Ave near the BBC taproom which is a bit farther West on Main.

If you make it to Lexington check out The Beer Trappe and Marika's. Not brewers but both are really cool hangouts with excellent beer selection and the food at Marika's is awesome especially if you like German fare.

I've also heard good things about a place called The Tilted Kilt in Louisville though I have not been there, yet.

Lastly, there's the Hofbrau House in Northern Kentucky, just across the river from Cinci which is superb.

:mug:

Sweet, thanks for the info. Looks like we'll have some good spots to check out. I'll make sure and grab that BBC and bring some back. We're driving both ways from MA so I should have some decent room for beer. Ok I note these...
The Beer Trappe, Marika's, and lookout for BBC stuff, liquor barn on Westport. I love bourbon Barrel Stuff.

If you like bourbon oaked style beers keep an eye out for the Founder's Canadian Breakfast Stout. Should have been released today. One of my top 2 beers.

Back