Kreamy X

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Horseshoot

Reaction score
I am about to bottle an extract kit Porter (that I added my own home roasted coffee to) tomorrow. I want it to have a nice head, so bought some Munton's Kreamy X. The thing is this... The instructions say to add the entire package (7oz) to a 5 gallon batch. However, I want to carb to style. I have used a couple of these kits (before I got my all grain setup) and I notice the amount of priming sugar included is the same, across the board (5oz dextrose). So, my plan is to calculate to style for this porter, assuming dextrose, and then extrapolate to the Kreamy X. For example, if my calculation told me to use 4 oz of the dextrose, that would be .8 of the package of dextrose. .8 of the package of Kreamy X would be 5.6oz. I have no idea if this will work, but I suppose it is worth a try.

Does anybody have any thoughts on this?

In the future, I will be using grains to help with head retention/ mouthfeel. So, then I will carb with plain dextrose.

Thanks for any suggestions, or thoughts.

Mike

Yeah, I think I saw that same review. So, I think it will be good for this batch. Now that I am brewing all grain, I am looking forward to experimenting with grain to get the same effect.

Latest posts

Back