Krausen but no bubbling

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Duster

Reaction score
Brewing the NB Caribou Slobber, and after one week I still have a lot of krausen but no more bubbles..... now I want to brew up another batch and use the fermentor....

Do you think its OK to transfer to the secondary fermentor ? Or wait until the krausen has gone down......

Temps have been warm around here in sunny So Cal...

Thanks in advance...

Wait. Buy another bucket to ferment in so you can leave your beer alone for 3 weeks and bottle. Secondary is unnecessary unless you are adding fruit or wood or aging...

you could transfer but IMO the beer is better if left on the yeast cake longer, bucket fermenters are cheap enough and sooner or later you'll want another

Hmm. that's what I thought.... Bubbles do come up about once every 30 seconds.... and there is about one inch of krausen there...

beer.jpg

I suggest you get more fermenters. I have had up to 3 beers and 2 wines all going at the same time.

If you don't want to get another, I would wait until the krausen falls and/or you reach final gravity.

You say it is warm in SoCal, you are controlling the temperature of the fermentation aren't you??

Added: I don't think that is done fermenting and you should not transfer until it has reached final gravity.

Great suggestions - Ill get another fermenter and leave this guy alone.... :cross:

Back