kopi luwak

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kontreren

Gluten Free Brewing
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I feel like I've been here before but I now have kopi luwak. The most expensive coffee on the planet. My friends and I call it civet shat. Going to brew some expensive beer. :D :mug:

Thank you for the note and I've heard the stories but the place where I bought mine does not even cage the animals. They are free roaming civet who eat the coffee cherries and poop it on the ground. The cruelest part of the process is that some human has to go and search for it and collect it. I imagine they don't get paid much. But this brand prides themselves on the natural aspect and not being cruel to animals. And they don't even roast it until you order it. Just sayin.

Good question. They offered so why not. I've roast some of my own grains after I deprived them of the acrospires (sp?). Gluten free grains I wanted to turn into malt. I did get some raw coffee once but I was so amazed by the mere fact that I found some that I didn't roast it. If it's any consolation I have a keychain and a paper weight that contain raw civet shat beans that are completely unprocessed (and when I say unprocessed I mean direct from the buttocks of yonder civet. :) So Chef, what good stuff you been cookin up lately?

New coffee roaster myself, probably wouldn't try the most expensive stuff off the bat. :D
Check out the " What did I cook this weekend" pizza and bread threads, plenty of posts there.
Full disclosure, I'm not a chef:mug:

IMHO one must be able to cook well before one can brew beer. I'll check out your pizza stuff if I can find it. I've been absent for a bit. Got to learn to navigate this site again.

But this brand prides themselves on the ...

How honest is this brand? (Slight detour: Harper boasted he'd never appoint senators, or ever use Omni-bus bills, but what did he do?)

Anybody can claim anything. I've browsed a few pages of EBay looking for Kopi Luwak just to try putting it into my stouts, they've all claimed "free range" animals. Made me wonder how they go about hunting all this poop if the animal can go where it pleases.

But, you have the coffee. I'm highly interested in learning how your beers turn out, because I'd like to try it, or try making it :)

Let me just add that I would never have added this post to the coffee section if I had known animal rights activist were going to come out of the wood work to attack me for buying coffee. Maybe the moderator could delete my entire post and end this. It's a coffee forum not an animal rights forum. And for what it's worth it's just coffee. Granted it is better than a lot of rot gut commercial coffees, and far better than Starbucks, but it's just quality coffee like Kona or any other really good coffee. If they lied to me then they lied to me. Now if you don't mind ... <use your imagination here>

Ok so next time I'll simply say excuse me while I go ...
. eat some endangered species with Matthew Broderick and Marlin Brando
. feed some prisoners meat that has been injected with antibiotics
. sit under a tree with fruitarians (we don't eat until the fruit actually falls from the tree)
. have a cup of coffee
And thankx my friend. I think you are saving me a lot of grief.

Let me just add that I would never have added this post to the coffee section if I had known animal rights activist were going to come out of the wood work to attack me for buying coffee.

Where'd that come from? Holy cow. I'm not deleting anything (except possibly post #2 :). Take it easy, man.

Ok so next time I'll simply say excuse me while I go ...
. eat some endangered species with Matthew Broderick and Marlin Brando
. feed some prisoners meat that has been injected with antibiotics
. sit under a tree with fruitarians (we don't eat until the fruit actually falls from the tree)
. have a cup of coffee
And thankx my friend. I think you are saving me a lot of grief.

No idea what that all means either. We came here for the coffee.

Latest posts

Back