Kobalt CO2 - NOW - South Florida

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GuateBrewer

Reaction score
I have not really done anything with homebrewing in the last 10 years - due to work sending me to China, business family etc, however I have my 40th birthday party coming up, my buddies all flying in and we are taking my sportfish boat over to the Bahamas.

I pulled some of my old kegging stuff out of storage, ordered some new gaskets and hoses, and picked up 4 kegs 1/6 bbl locally. Everything fits perfectly in the boats freezer, made up a little stand for the keg tower to clamp on and some weatherstripping to provide a quick little collar.

However it seems the CO2 I was planning to pick up tommorrow on the way to the airport is no more, I have an old Kobalt C02 regulator from lowes that is showing out of stock for the tanks on lowes.com, and none of the walmarts in Miami are showing any of the paintball prefilled tanks I remember they used to have.

https://www.lowes.com/pd/Kobalt-Portable-Compressed-CO2-Regulator/1040295

I also have a normal CGA320 regulator, but would feel much safer with the mini bottles of co2 on a boat, than an HP gas bottle, and I don't have a bottle to fill or exchange...

Any idea of where I can get a CO2 tank that fits my Kobalt regulator?

If I cannot find one, I have a dive compressor on board, so can make compressed air - and I have compressed air fittings on my keg dispensing bridle - how fast would that "ruin the beer", considering we are 5 guys with 20gallons to drink over a long weekend??

Considering the fill pressure in a diving cylinder ranges up to around 3500 psi I'm curious about the avoidance of simply obtaining a 5 or even 2.5 pound CO2 cylinder that'll fit your cga320 regulator and call it done. Compared to what you're gonna be spending on your "Boy's Weekend" it'd be a modest expense ;)

btw, just returned from two weeks on Eleuthera, my favorite Out Island, and could go back there tomorrow with minimal provocation :D

Cheers! (And safe travels!)

Back