Knocked the stopper off...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

brewshki

Reaction score
I brewed my first all grain brew this Sunday and it was a hefe so I put in a blow off tube to mitigate the amount of fermentation debris. I went to look at it and wiped the side of my ferm chamber and I knocked the stopper off the carboy. I sprayed the inside of the neck of the carboy with star san and the stopper. Was that enough? Should I have mixed up a new batch to sanitize it? I've been brewing long enough I should probably stop worrying about this, but this first all grain has me loopy. It was pushing through the blow off tube when it happens. The stopper fell onto the carboy. Are there enough yeast cells that the bacteria that may have been introduced will be out competed?

Bahahaha thanks dude. I've had some other stuff going on and my mind is just wiped and stressed so I needed some sort of reassurance.

Congrats on your first AG brew! If knocking the stopper off is the worst thing that happened to you on your first AG batch, you're doing pretty good! It's actually fairly difficult to infect a beer during active fermentation. Infections usually happen before pitching yeast or after active fermentation is complete.

Congrats on your first AG brew! If knocking the stopper off is the worst thing that happened to you on your first AG batch, you're doing pretty good! It's actually fairly difficult to infect a beer during active fermentation. Infections usually happen before pitching yeast or after active fermentation is complete.

Well. My mash temp was pretty low at 150 and dropped to about 145-146 towards the end. My sparge water was also bear 170 and gradually dropped. So I have a few other worries, but I didn't have a stick sparge and it don't think I had dough balls which was cool. It's definitely fermenting so at least I'll have beer

Latest posts

Back