Kind of an emergency, need help from a fellow brewer in Oregon

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rumham

Reaction score
So I had no idea where to post this, as it's kind of an odd request. I have a batch of IPA ready to bottle, but I forgot to get bottle caps and don't have enough left over from previous batches. My LHBS is closed until Tuesday. Normally, I would say no big deal and wait until Tuesday to bottle; trouble is, I leave Monday for Florida for five weeks. I don't want to waste a bunch of my precious beer, and I can't imagine letting it dry hop for 6 weeks will end well, so I'm hoping there might be a fellow homebrewer in Oregon, preferably near Salem, with some bottle caps to sell me. I will be eternally grateful!

Worst case scenario, you can rack it and let it sit until you're back. You'll need to add a little yeast in when you bottle. Hopefully someone can help you out.

@ Malric, thanks for the advice; I thought about that, but I don't want to lose any of the hop aroma goodness in the interim.
@Bierliebhaber, I very much appreciate the response, and would have taken you up on it. Fortunately, though, I was able to find enough extra to finish the job from some local homebrewers that I was put in contact with through some friends. It was cool to meet some new people that also enjoy this hobby, and even cooler of them to help me out. Hopefully I can pay it forward someday.
Happy new years!
Cheers

Back