Kicked my first keg this weekend...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stratslinger

Reaction score
Well, when starting up my own home brewery, I chose to go straight to kegging. At the start of this weekend, I had a California Common on tap (brewed with a buddy of mine at his place before I got all my gear), a Porter and an admittedly pretty lousy Oktoberfest almost carbed up, and one empty tap.

Last night, SWMBO requests a California Common... Fortunately, there was enough left to pour a pint for her - but that was all! Talk about a wierdly mixed feeling - bummed that it's gone, yet happy that it was so good while it lasted!

I _have_ to get working harder on my pipeline! :rockin:

Keeping the pipline stocked takes a little bit of planning that's for sure. I've got 10g kegged, 5g bottled, and another 20g fermenting. I've got the ingredients for the next 10g and am already thinking about what to brew after that.

And that's nothing compared to some people on here.

Yeah, I've seen what some folks around here are up to! SWMBO is already talking up the need to start planning my summer brews (woohoo!), but she seems to be thinking one per month. I'm thinking at least 2 - but that might work out great, if I plan for one at my place each month, and then split a batch with a friend at his place...

Maybe I should plan for a bigger fermentation chamber than I'm currently thinking... ;)

Back