Kick me for the sake of HWMBO :D

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lady_brewer

Reaction score
So far today I have bottled two batches, one Cooper's IPA (Brewmaster Series) - a sad time since they are no longer selling the brewmaster series in my area and these were pretty nice kits... as far as kits go...- and a Draught - which smells like beer and tastes like a Canadian. Hope that goes away :)

Now I have to get off my butt and bottle the Stout that the hubby is very excited about.

Gonna need a kick in the behind...

Hey, nothing wrong with Canadian. I had one last night.
I drank enough Guinness at the co. party last night to float the Norma and Gladys.

Today it was a bit of the hair of the dog. Never ventured out, but instead, drank a 2 liter of porter a buddy from Nova Scotia sent me earlier this year. Really good and to tell the truth, almost as good as Storms Coffee Porter.

Glad to see you've bottled a few. Can't blame hubby for being excited about it.

I plan on being around the bay for christmas but will need to be back in town for boxing day as I'm on call. So no drinking for me due to the amount of driving I will have to do over christmas. If you plan on being in this way during christmas, e-mail me or/and drop in if you can. SWMBO and myself always welcome company, and I can sure use some critism of my recent brews. lol.

Then look out. Lager brewing time. I plan on a few lagers over the winter.

Yeah, nothing wrong with Canadian (I'm assuming we're talking Molson here). I get Export all the time when I'm low on HB. You guys up North have way more variety as far as Molson and Labatt goes, but I can't believe the prices! What does a 12 pack cost...like $20?

Yeah, nothing wrong with Canadian (I'm assuming we're talking Molson here). I get Export all the time when I'm low on HB. You guys up North have way more variety as far as Molson and Labatt goes, but I can't believe the prices! What does a 12 pack cost...like $20?
\

Like $24 a 12 pack in CDN funds. Insane. All BMC beers cost the same here.

But at least you guys get more variety of beer than we do here. I'm sure lady_Brewer would confirm the lack of really good brews available here. Molson and Labatts are all OK in a mega way, but we lack the micro scene you guys get. I would love to get a APA commercially here.
I was talking to the owner of one one of only the two micro brewerys here and he is interested in making one, but the impression I get is that he don't want to expand, and he is selling everything he makes as soon as he makes it. Pity.

Beer is all bottles :D total for the days is 16.5 dozen... I have hopes of building the pipeline back up...

I am a little sad in the lack of choice that we do have here... since hubby started drinking the beer too we have been sampling what is available while building back up the pipeline. I was an India drinker (Newfoundland only brew from Molson) - we have tried

- Sam Adams - winter brew - interesting, hubby liked it better than I did, I found it okay, but a little more citrus than I like in anything

- Corona (have had it before of course) - figured out that a 24 was nearly the same as any domestic by the dozen... and stocks up a few clear bottles for the summer Cervesa (sp? sorry)

- Settled on Rickards Red for the interim... although hubby tried the pump house Red (Nova Scotia?) he really liked it and didn't save me any to try.

- also tried some French beer, a Coopers, Kilkenny (turns out we don't like Creams) and some others.

It is a lot more fun to drink beer once you know what you might like... and what other stuff tastes like.

Boo Boo- while Christmas is completely insane I think it would be fun to get together with a fellow connoisseur at some point. I will drop you a line at some point, and you can feel free to do likewise :D Granted we are still sad kit brewers, but we have quite the variety in the works at this point.

pumphouse and garrison red are both really good.

if you are in NS you can get some growlers from "the granite brewery" in halifax.

they have some really good beers, my favs are

1) ringwood & lime
2) bitter

pumphouse and garrison red are both really good.

if you are in NS you can get some growlers from "the granite brewery" in halifax.

they have some really good beers, my favs are

1) ringwood & lime
2) bitter

Chubracus brought me back an Yippie IPA from Freddytown christmas.
I'll get to try it next week.
I've had the Tall Ship from Garrison and it was OK as were all the brews I've had from Propeller.

I'll get to try it next week.
I've had the Tall Ship from Garrison and it was OK as were all the brews I've had from Propeller.

im not a big fan of tallship, but garrison has other beers that are quite good, such as their raspberry wheat.

another good brewery in halifax is Rogues roost (on spring garden road), however its dine in only.

You're in for a treat! I love Picaroons' beer! Really should have brought you back a sample pack though -- Their winter warmer is very tasty!

I have a friend in NS who is going to do me up a charity basket of
beer from NS and NB. We send each other HB and I give him a sub to BYO each year
in return as well as other things.

Anticipating a tasty experience.

Yeah, nothing wrong with Canadian (I'm assuming we're talking Molson here). I get Export all the time when I'm low on HB. You guys up North have way more variety as far as Molson and Labatt goes,

Good God, man! What kind of swill are they feeding you poor people down there if you consider Molson Canadian good beer? Labatt's and Molson's are the BMC of Canada. I guess if you compare it to the the American BMC it is slightly better, but that certainly doesn't make it good. It's just another heavily adjuncted light lager.

Latest posts

Back