Kenmore top mount evaporator location.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Saunassa

One Life Brewing #lifeistooshortforcrappybeer
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I just picked up another used fridge. It is a Kenmore Coldspot top mount freezer style. I know that there is an evaporator inside the back wall of the freezer section and the condenser is on the bottom behind the grill. I cannot find a diagram of the compressor, evap or condenser assembly. I want to drill through the side to route my co2 in but worry about a hidden evaporator. Help?

Last edited:
Oops, yeah that might help 106.60192001 mfg in 2000.
Btw, former owner said it got cold, had thermometer inside to show but said it was slow. Amazing what you can vacuum out of the condenser.
I guess they are not meant to have lint, hair, and price tags stuck to them 🤔

Last edited:
Check this page out. It's loaded with diagrams that might help.

https://www.searspartsdirect.com/mo...more-10660192001-top-mount-refrigerator-parts
The evap and its fan are indeed at the back of the freezer section, the condenser and its fan are under the fridge section hump along with the compressor, and you'd expect the plumbing between them all would be in the back wall, leaving the sides free. I'd pick a spot and use a soldering iron to poke a hole through the liner, then use something thin to probe around for wires or tubing before widening the hole then drilling through the cabinet...

Cheers!

Hey @Saunassa did you ever end up doing this? I have a 2003 Kenmore top mount fridge that I'd like to drill through for three faucets/tap handles, (currently doing the ghetto picnic tap thing now). I'd like to turn my fridge 90° to the left and install my tap handles on the right hand side of the fridge rather than the door. I'm just afraid of drilling into it and hitting something.

I used the link that @day_trippr provided to find my unit, but if I look at the "Unit" diagram I don't come away with 100% certainty that all the lines and electric are strictly in the back of the fridge.

Model # 106.63192300

https://www.searspartsdirect.com/mo...more-10663192300-top-mount-refrigerator-parts

Last edited:
Back